Playing MUSIC not RINGTONES

brizopd

Reaction score
I am currently using Mabilo to download different ringtones, usually 30 second clips or other small nonsense sounds. When they save to my SD they are in a foder 'sd/com/mabilo/nameoringtone.mp3' Obviously when I open my MUSIC player on my droid it will play that ringtone...

Having that said, is there a way to save/organize the song/mp3's that I download from my PC, so that the droid MUSIC player will play these songs, and not the 30 seconds clips that I downloaded from Mabilo...

thx.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

I am not sure about your question honestly, I have had 30 second ringtones and they always showed up in my Music application anyway....but I just deleted them and made my own ringtones with Ringdroid....

OP
B

brizopd

Reaction score
hey thanks, Im enjoying the droid thus far, but i can tell i'll be on the forum a lot :/

i guess i may just have to live with listening to the sporatic 30 second clip when listening to music....

ill def look into ringdroid though.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Create a MEDIA folder on your sd card and drag the music to it.

in the MEDIA folder make 6 other folders

MEDIA
/alarms
/notifications
/camera
/ringtones
/videos
/music

when you transfer data to your droid- place it in the appropriate folder.

if you put music into the music folder when you open the music player on the droid it'll be available.

OP
B

brizopd

Reaction score

MEDIA
/alarms
/notifications
/camera
/ringtones
/videos
/music

if you put music into the music folder when you open the music player on the droid it'll be available.

hmm that was worth a try, but still having the same problem. I think the droid is searching the sd card for ANY mp3 file and just adding that to the playlist when i open up the MUSIC player...i followed your directions to the T, maybe defective phone?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
another option is to get rid of the :

"sd/com/mabilo/nameoringtone.mp3'"

folder and transfer all of your ringtones to the MEDIA/ ringtones- the only issue is when you move the media you'll have to reassign the ringtones you've associated.

The problem now might be that the MUSIC prgram has several places it's looking to music in.

I hope deleting that folder helps.

OP
B

brizopd

Reaction score
hmm well that one is a no go too... i appreciate the advice guys, and i'm def still up for suggestions :)

if i'm the only experiencing this inconvenience, then maybe its my phone...i'm gonna have to find a local droid user and compare settings or something!

hymetime

Reaction score
Using .media

I put a blank (.nomedia) file in the folders that i did not want my music players to find files in and it worked...

how to...mount phone with usb and goto folder that has ringtones or other recorded files. Then right click and click on new. then text document and then rename New Text Document.txt to nomedia without the txt extintion....ok my pc with windows 7 would not let me put the "." in front of file so unmount and goto phone and use Astro to find the file "nomedia" you just made and tap and hold till menu comes up and tap edit then rename and put the . in front of nomedia...should look like this .nomedia
Now all music player should ignore and music files in that folder and subfolders

one problem i see is that it looks like my my ringtones are Ignored by phone as well
still trying to figure out that one now...but i dont have and ringtones showing in my tunewiki just got to figure out how to make the phone see the ring tones again
hope that helps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have the same setup as above (folder structure). anything in my ringtone folder does not show up in my music player.

hymetime

Reaction score
Next problem

I have a few personalized notifications, alarms and ringtones that the phone does not find now. when i got to there respective places to change them they are hidden now. from me adding that .nomedia file.
Im rooted and have found the default phone sounds under root system/media/audio
Can i copy and past some of my favorite sound file over there to phone memory and have them show up and work and not do some damage other than take up more phone memory?

Edit : Didn't work with Astro would not Paste...tryed with Linda Manager and said folder was read only....what program do i need to write to phone memory?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Now that you've deleted that folder youmay have to reassign your ringtones/ notification sounds.

bdbraaten

Reaction score

MEDIA
/alarms
/notifications
/camera
/ringtones
/videos
/music

I did something similar to this, just skipped the media folder step. I made a /ringtones folder and /notifications folder right in /sdcard/ and my music player ignores both of those folders.

When I did that, the files in those folders automatically showed up in the notifications and ringtones lists under settings as well.

Maybe this will work for you as well.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I had this issue with my wifes eris. I had to actually make the folders first, then copy the ringtones into the folder. I had used a folder from my computer already filled and had copied that over to begin with and it dumped all the ringtones in the music list even though they were in a folder called ringtones.