Playing music from Droid on Xbox

Jayizdaman

Reaction score
If you're xbox and Phone are on the same wireless network all you need to do is use the DLNA app. Go into the DLNA app and select "Share" then go into settings and check enable xbox connection. Then turn on your Xbox and go into the Music Section/Blade or Video Section/Blade hit play music or whatever. The xbox will then ask you from what source, you will see HardDrive, any networked drives or computers, and then your Moto Device. It's really that easy, just confusing because I thought I could control it through the phone. Instead the phone just acts as a media server. None the less, still cool. Currently with my Airport Extreme, I have 3 networked computers and my phone which my xbox can connect to and then share with to our TV and Speakers in the TV and Living room. Not bad for a college kid, eh? Oh and I use my old iPhone 3G and ipad to control the home theater PC connected to the TV. NOTHING beats AirMouse for iOS devices, Gmote is ok for android but it's just not as good as air mouse.

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
I've been using Twonky, it's been working fairly well, no freezes on my phone, but it seems like every couple songs it stops playing for whatever reason.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I've been using Twonky, it's been working fairly well, no freezes on my phone, but it seems like every couple songs it stops playing for whatever reason.

i have noticed that it seems to drop the connection whenever i try to view something else. i can open a picture but when i go to look at a different one i loose connection this only happens on my laptop not my xbox. this doesn't seem like it works very well is there another app like this that doesn't keep loosing connection?
i found an app called imediashare im gonna try it out

Last edited:

dast

Reaction score
I get dropped connections after streaming for a while as well with d2 dlna app (can't speak to twonky) but I found most of them went away when I configured my router to use 802.11b only. Sucks but it is more reliable for me.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
ok i figured it out. twonky will keep working and streaming correctly only if you can keep the screen awake if it goes to sleep you will loose your connection eventually. YOU MUST KEEP THE SCREEN AWAKE. you may not need to keep screen awake if you restart the phone and then start the application this seems to work best

Last edited: