Played with Metamorph too much!

KeekeSONS

Reaction score
Hey guys so this is my story.
Just bought my phone and learned about rooting. I installed SPRecovery (gives me rooting capabilities but not rooted) from Driod-life.com. Everything is perfect but I still wanted to modify my phone so I read about Metamorph and installed.
Metamorph was working good. I installed some themes but I then noticed i couldnt get rid of them! Now my drop down notification tray has a picture of something in the background and I cant get rid of it! I then thought that installing another theme would help my problem but realized it only made things worse.

My question to ANYBODY is.
1. Ive heard about a stock theme but the links are all broken. So is there another way to get rid of the themes? Or am I stuck with this.

2. I can live with just getting rid of the picture on my drop down notification tray.

3. Should I just re install SPRecovery and everything will be fine?

I can really use some help guys.
Thank you!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Gotta ask. Did you make any backups?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

KeekeSONS

Reaction score
Like a noob.. no. It didnt even cross my mind until after I thought about removing it. =/

I was reading another thread and someone said he just re stalled his ROM and thats how he got rid of metamorph but I want to hear about what other people have to say. Hopefully more comments come soon.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
ahh man im sorry to here you did not make back ups.. but you can go ahead and try to install a new rom. BUT PLEASE BE SURE TO MAKE AN ADVANCED NANDROID BACK UP. with every thing selected. report back when your done so we know if we helped your or if you need more help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
to be honest that'll be the best thing to do. then you can start over with a little more restraint :)

OP
K

KeekeSONS

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys!
I couldnt concentrate in class today because I really wanted to fix my phone.
One more class then Ill reinstall the ROM and get back to you as soon as I get home.
Thank you!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
just remember before you apply any new theme make a backup. a little extra steps can save alot of time later and some headache. good luck.

OP
K

KeekeSONS

Reaction score
Hey guys
Sorry for taking so long to reply but I finally got it to work, and yes I made a back up! So I just ended up re-installing my ROM and everything was back to normal. Thanks for all your help again!