Played with an S5 and have some questions

mgrande

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store the other day to see what the hype was about.

Do you loose the toolbox and the multi tasking thing if you use a different launcher? I downloaded apex to see if you loose the notification widget but forgot to check the other things.

Is there no way to change the apps icon to be in the center instead of all the way to the right? Coming from a RAZR maxx this would drive me crazy, along with the back and menu buttons being switched.

Is there anyway to make the home screen in the center instead of all the way to the left?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

stam101

Reaction score
I made the same switch. I got the S5 on Monday and the app drawer hasn't bothered me like I thought it would. And I haven't noticed the change of the back button and multitask button.

There is a way to change the home screen to the center. As you are editing your screens notice at the top there is a home icon. Select it to set that screen at your home screen.

Last edited:
OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
Thanks. When you toggle the GPS on and off are you prompted twice to hit agree to whatever they're asking? On the display model I had to.

stam101

Reaction score
I had to when I just checked. But that was the first time I toggled it. I assume there is something in the settings. As soon as I find out I'll let you know.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Do you loose the toolbox and the multi tasking thing if you use a different launcher? I downloaded apex to see if you loose the notification widget but forgot to check the other things.

Is there no way to change the apps icon to be in the center instead of all the way to the right? Coming from a RAZR maxx this would drive me crazy, along with the back and menu buttons being switched.

Is there anyway to make the home screen in the center instead of all the way to the left?

There is a way to change the home screen to the center. As you are editing your screens notice at the top there is a home icon. Select it to set that screen at your home screen.
There should be an option in Settings/Display to turn Multi-Window on and off. I have a toggle for it in my notification bar...but that may be part of the Rom I have on my S3. Honesty, can't remember for certain. :blink:

Like stam said, you can change which screen you want for home when you are in Manage Screens. While I don't have the S5 yet, all my phones have been Sammys. In Manage Screen you should also be able to move the indicator (my S3 is a star) for whichever you want as home. But you should also be able to rearrange your screens. I have the "center" of my 3 screens as home. But the star indicator was defaulted one of the side screens.

I love, love, love Apex Launcher. There are so many customizations you can do that aren't available in TouchWiz. I don't like having my apps icon in my dock as I have a gesture shortcut that opens my app drawer with a swipe down on screen. But you can easily rearrange your dock icons to put whatever app or 1x1 widget in the dock in whatever order you choose.

bfrank71

Reaction score
You can usually press the back button to turn off the multi window