Play Station Phone To be Named Xperia Play Launched Aprl

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNC

Reaction score
I personally am not the biggest fan of the idea that my phone will always have a game pad rather than a keyboard that changes to a gamepad (like Motorola did with previous morph devices), but I will keep an open mind with this concept. What do you guys think about all this? Might this device ever make it to your pocket next to your keys, or do you have similar feelings about the concept as myself.

News via: GSMArena

I honestly have high hopes for this phone. Just looking at sonys track record you can see that they are not about plugging PS logos on underpowered junk. I mean, psx, ps2 were ahead of the curve. PSP was way ahead of the curve compared to the GB advanced and even DS, it just struggled with quality games not hardware. Finally PS3, it may not look a ton better than 360 but it is and it came with the next gen video player that sony battled hard to become the current standard.

No Sonys only real issue is they push the limits with hardware and this means higher cost for consumers. If anything I believe xperia will be high end longer than any other android phone we have seen thus far, and it will probably cost a little more than any other too.

That's just my opinion tho.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Opinions can be wrong sometimes.... and your opinion that the ps3 is better than 360 is wrong. 99% of multi-platform games are better on 360.... FACT…
Look at Madden every year to prove this point.

dredger

Reaction score
I personally am not the biggest fan of the idea that my phone will always have a game pad rather than a keyboard that changes to a gamepad (like Motorola did with previous morph devices), but I will keep an open mind with this concept. What do you guys think about all this? Might this device ever make it to your pocket next to your keys, or do you have similar feelings about the concept as myself.

News via: GSMArena

I honestly have high hopes for this phone. Just looking at sonys track record you can see that they are not about plugging PS logos on underpowered junk. I mean, psx, ps2 were ahead of the curve. PSP was way ahead of the curve compared to the GB advanced and even DS, it just struggled with quality games not hardware. Finally PS3, it may not look a ton better than 360 but it is and it came with the next gen video player that sony battled hard to become the current standard.

No Sonys only real issue is they push the limits with hardware and this means higher cost for consumers. If anything I believe xperia will be high end longer than any other android phone we have seen thus far, and it will probably cost a little more than any other too.

Opinions can be wrong sometimes.... and your opinion that the ps3 is better than 360 is wrong. 99% of multi-platform games are better on 360.... FACT…

... I didn't come here to argue fanboism. My opinion is based off personal experience multiplatform game reviews and hardware not made up percentages with the word "FACT" slapped behind it.

This is just MY opinion tho. Afterall it wouldn't be MY opinion if it were yours, of this I am 100% sure... FACT.

UNC

Reaction score

... I didn't come here to argue fanboism. My opinion is based off personal experience multiplatform game reviews and hardware not made up percentages with the word "FACT" slapped behind it.

This is just MY opinion tho. Afterall it wouldn't be MY opinion if it were yours, of this I am 100% sure... FACT.

Read reviews of any multiplatform game, they are always better on 360... that's not "fanboyism" its fact. You can argue it all you want but that doesn't make it wrong.

dredger

Reaction score
Coincidentally I see it the other way around, but to each their own. Atleast this time there are no made up %s. Merry Christmas.

UNC

Reaction score
Coincidentally I see it the other way around, but to each their own. Atleast this time there are no made up %s. Merry Christmas.

Dude, without fanboy glasses on its impossible to see it the other way around. We can debate all day on exclusives, that is about opinion. Multiplatform games on the other hand are better on 360 and that is not opinion. 60fps looks better than 30fps and that is undeniable. Anti-aliasing looks better than no anti-aliasing. Etc....

Obviously I'm not a fanboy of either system since the only gaming threads I've posted on here are about PsPhone and Gran Turismo 5.

Fenway72

Reaction score
That's kinda funny considering every xbox 360 game I have played contains, jittering, tearing, and freezing- whereas the ps3 versions of the same games are smooth as silk. Ahem... Madden 11 comes to mind.

Oh, and I've yet to replace my ps3 due to red rings of death, or any rings of anything for that matter.

Its not a debate unless there are facts. I offer no drummed up percentages, just facts based on personal experience that I can attest are one hundred percent true. Unless you can offer up links to all these reviews stating the xbox are ninety nine percent better, I'm going to have to call shenanigans.

Now can we get back to the topic of the actual phone? It was interesting enough prior to the hijack.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Fenway72

Reaction score
Oh.... And the human eye only sees thirty frames pet second. Anything above that is inconsequential.

Just saying....

UNC

Reaction score
Lol. That's all I can say.

There are literally hundreds of reports on google that compare and contrast the two systems. A simple google search will show you that.... I'm sure your right about the 30fps though, that explains why Madden runs so much SMOOTHER on 360.. (unless you have rose-tinted glasses on)

SONY will probably screw the phone up too.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Yeah, and Microsoft never screwed everything up.

Look, if you want to fanboy over the Xbox, be my guest. However- for every link you post stating the xbox is superior to the ps3, I can provide one that boasts the qualities of the ps3.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Oh and...

What point was it you were making about Madden running smoother? A 30 fps game on the xbox is going to be identical to a 30 fps game on a ps3 with the only difference being the lack of tearing and antialiasing issues common to the xbox.

And I'm a bit lasy to look up all the opinionated fanboy- "what I like is superior to what you like" rhetoric, so please be my guest and do the legwork and post those links. Otherwise.....

Shenanigans.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I call time to stop bickering. Either get back on topic or this thread will be closed and infractions handed out.

Sent from somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.