Play Every SuperNES Game On Your Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know that super Nintendo emulators have been around for quite some time, but here lately I have rediscovered them. I recently acquired a ProBox2 which is an Android based media center. It comes with a SuperNES style game controller with a dpad and 4 button setup. I decided to grab a Super Nintendo emulator and Rom downloader. I was super surprised at just how great these emulators work these days on our modern devices. The first time I tried out an emulator it was super buggy. The games would lag and eventually crash. This is no longer the case.

The best emulator that I was able to find was the SuperGNES Lite. It allowed me to use my game controller without having to go into settings and change the mapping of the buttons. My Daughter and I played super mario brothers for hours. You would be surprised at how quickly the mechanics and controls come back to you even after not having played these games for the past 20 years! Head to the links below for my best set up.

Emulator : SuperGNES Lite
Roms: NRoms
Device: ProBox2

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Yeah man, I play some JRPG's on my Nexus 7 (2012) with FPse and it runs great. I've also heard that Reicast (a Dreamcast emulator) runs pretty smoothly as well.

It's pretty amazing to think how much we've improved our technology and shrunk down the architecture. Even more so when you consider just how more powerful the hardware needs to be to emulate a different system.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Emulation was the only thing that brought me from Crackberry to android, one day I found I could play my SNES NES and GBC roms on my phone, but ONLY if I had an android... I had the Droid 2 Global the next day.

It's nice to see how much better these are getting.

swc2001

Reaction score
I agree this has been a very neat thing for me and my Kids. I get to share all of my old games with them on the big screen. I use My old OG Razr and hook it up via Micro HDMI to my TV. I use 3 different apps to make this happen. First I use Sixaxis:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller
with 2 (but up to Four) PS3 Controllers. Then I use SuperGnes like Droidmodderx said, and I use Classic Boy which Emulates the N64, Playstation 1, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, Game Boy, NIntendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Master System, And the Neo Geo. Honestly Classicboy does an Amazing Job of Emulation for all of these systems. I would also Recommend that you get the Pro version of it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portableandroid.classicboyLite
I will say this though. I ONLY play games that I (a. own the system, and (b. own the game.
The only exception I make to this rule is Games I cant get any other way such as TMNT the Arcade version.
Any way I am very glad this story came up because I feel this is a wonderful way to cut out the clutter of having all of your old systems hooked up, playing the old games with your kids, and coming up with a neat use for your old Android devices.
Thanks Droid Modder X