Plastic tearoffs on Droid 2

brettt777

Reaction score
Okay stupid question time... As with any new gadget there are those little plastic protective sheets on the display and camera, etc. that you pull off. I also found one between the display and keyboard halves of the phone. It has a little handle of a tag on one corner so I'm thinking it should come off but I'm not sure. So my stupid question is... should that plastic peel off thing between the phone halves come off or is it there for a reason?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and I have not removed the plastic from the back of the screen. I've have my Droid for 11 months and so far I've not had an issue.

Mike

stratjb

Reaction score
I have a Droid and I have not removed the plastic from the back of the screen. I've have my Droid for 11 months and so far I've not had an issue.

Mike

Yeah but the ones on the Droid didn't have a little blue tab hanging off either. On the Droid 2 it's clearly meant to be removed.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

Yeah but the ones on the Droid didn't have a little blue tab hanging off either. On the Droid 2 it's clearly meant to be removed.

I've not had any time with a Droid 2 so thanks for the clarification.

Mike

_Killer_

Reaction score
I cut my tab and haven't noticed any difference in sliding from when i had the d1 with plastic on or removed... so i think it's a matter of preference..

WAIT... now that you've got me looking at it.. i can definitely SEE slide marks on the plastic.. so i'm wondering if i took it off.. would it slide easier................ *peels off plastic*

NOPE!! no difference.. :(

(btw i do have a D2 that i just did this on)