Plastic sheet protector over the viewing screen?

KarenC

Reaction score
Just got my new Droid and the Verizon consultant advised me to use the protective sheet over the screen. It is hard to clean with the cloth they gave me, as it leaves sort of a film over the plastic sheet. Has anyone found that this sheet is not necessary to use?

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
There is quite a bit of discussions about the need for screen protectors. I'm on my third smart phone. I had a protector on the first (i730), not on the second (i760) and got one for the Droid. My i760 ended up with swipe marks from my kids playing solitare on the phone. When it was off you could see the marks. While I'm sure there's quite a few that would disagree, I'd say use a screen protector.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I personally find not reason to use one....Screen is Glass as my last phone was. Very hard to scratch....but some OCD'ers can't cope with it being naked....

jrl9851

Reaction score
The screen protectors that you buy at bestbuy or verizon store are absolute crap. Not only are the hard to clean, but you can tell they are on there.

Just like with my iphone, I bought a 3 pack of them on ebay for about $4. No brand name, but they are PERFECT. They clean so easily and you can't even tell anything is on the screen.

styx

Reaction score
I bought some but kept getting bubbles under them. So, I'm naked as a Jay Bird.

dnhoshor

Reaction score
I bought the EZ-Guard screen protectors on eBay. They were only $3.99 for five of them, postpaid and shipped from the U.S. They work like a static cling sticker. Just moisten them and smooth them on. (I found a drop of detergent in the water made it easier to get rid of bubbles.) At that price, you can try them out and see what you think. I like mine.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I bought them and am happy with them. I found the screen just too difficult to deal with otherwise. It may be the single most olephobic screen I have ever seen on a phone, and the constant smudging was more than I cared to deal with, the plastic was a huge help in this regard

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I had a privacy protector--removed it. I have a clear hard case--I'm really close to going nekid at this point.

- Mega

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I put a screen protector on and it's developing bubbles/separations at the edges. When they migrate to the screen area, it's history and I'll be nekkid after that.