Plastic on back of screen: On or off?

ddckylec

Reaction score
The Droid 2 Global in white (wish it were jet black like D1) has an extra tab that sticks out slightly from the phone...indicating that the plastic backing should be removed. I'm not going to take it off to save the planet.

global warming...what a profitable Al Gore business plan.

xmguy

Reaction score
My FRU Droid 1 had it on with no remove option. The FRU Droid 2's I've gotten have had a blue tab for the screen on the back to be removed. I've tried to cut the tab off but I failed.

dcook12

Reaction score
When you take the plastic off the phone no longer works, 10 puppies are killed, the government puts you on the the terrorist warning list, you grow hair on your hands, and your eyes fall out. Haha!

Why would they put it on there if it wasn't meant to be taken off?! Or why wouldn't they make the back a hair thicker if it did make a problem... Its a factory shipping sticker take it off people! Its like not taking the screen film off because the touch screen might not work with out it!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

I don't know..you know what they say about taking the tag off of your mattress........but I'm a rebel..so I ripped that plastic junk off before I left the store...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I worked as a Motorola certified technician, they used to send us the plastic with a part number to be replaced with the flex cable and hinge. It's said it reduces friction against the flex cable. With my experience as a technician, I'm keeping it on. I don't care what Motorola customer care has to say about it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I left mine on until it peeled off - it took about six months and that was six months ago, IMO - no difference either way

fox_dye

Reaction score
Man this thread is comedy. I just read the whole thing. I laughed I cried I s*** my pants when I heard about global warming. Really I googled it and everything. But I took mine off when I got it. I have a thing about stickers. My phone is like 5 months old and I have had no problems. But its your phone do what you want.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

OldguyMark

Reaction score
When you take the plastic off the phone no longer works, 10 puppies are killed, the government puts you on the the terrorist warning list, you grow hair on your hands, and your eyes fall out. Haha!

Why would they put it on there if it wasn't meant to be taken off?! Or why wouldn't they make the back a hair thicker if it did make a problem... Its a factory shipping sticker take it off people! Its like not taking the screen film off because the touch screen might not work with out it!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

I don't know..you know what they say about taking the tag off of your mattress........but I'm a rebel..so I ripped that plastic junk off before I left the store...

LMAO - @ NickWgnr's post ....

dcook, I've taken the tags off many mattress, so far nothing bad has happened as far as I know - thank God (and I am over sixty yrs old :))(but then again that maybe some of the problems I've had with women over the yrs :blush: :))

Took the plastic off the 'back' of my screen about six months ago, it was gumming up the action of the slide out key board on my D1 ... so far no prob ... though again, that maybe why LauncherPro is not working quite the it is supposed to ....

Last edited:

grimloktt

Reaction score
I just got a Droid 2 Global. Its plastic piece had a blue tab extending beyond the phone--sticking out as an indicator for removal. I just removed but am regretting it. The phone now appears cold. Does anyone have the replacement part number? :)

...kidding...