Plastic on back of screen: On or off?

jrl9851

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed many times before, but I want to see where people stand now. Have you taken off the plastic on the back?

JamesX

Reaction score
Taking out the plastic can cause your slide to loosen.

Mine is on.

gdog3987

Reaction score
Here is another question concerning the plastic on the back. The protective case I have on my phone is causing the plastic on the back of the screen to peel up and it is effecting the smoothness in which the screen slides. Should Verizon fix this if I go to the store and mention it? The protective case is definitely the reason it is doing it.

koralyne

Reaction score
Im very interested in the answer, Because ive heard both sides say the other causes the slide to loosen.

triptych

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd droid here. I peeled the backing off of my first one and the next day my screen was clicking against the keyboard when I had it closed.
The official responce from moto and big red is that it was meant to be removed. I am choosing to keep it on this time as it seems to slide fine with it still there. One it starts peeling though, it'll be gone. If I then notice any looseness, clicking, or global warming, ill try out one of those decals I saw available for the back.

Just like any moving part on anything though, I expect it to degenerate over time. Hopefully it'll hold well for two years. For you clumsy people, get a case. I'm sure dropping it won't make it any tighter!

pudah

Reaction score
It does not loosen your slide. It is supposed to be off per Verizon and Motorola. It makes the slide smoother and actually makes it snap open and closed more firmly. I've posted this many times before and will surely get blasted here again, so listen if you want or don't, and I'm not going to reply to this again, but it is supposed to be off.

triptych

Reaction score
Fair enough, but those stickers with the android head peaking over your keyboard are still kickass.

Cy-Fi

Reaction score
It loosens your slide.
Best idea - leave it on or get a sticker
Clicking sucks

Oh & the stickers are pretty cool. I wish there was a bit more variety, not really much for female droid users yet.

Last edited:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
When you take the plastic off the phone no longer works, 10 puppies are killed, the government puts you on the the terrorist warning list, you grow hair on your hands, and your eyes fall out. Haha!

Why would they put it on there if it wasn't meant to be taken off?! Or why wouldn't they make the back a hair thicker if it did make a problem... Its a factory shipping sticker take it off people! Its like not taking the screen film off because the touch screen might not work with out it!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

imiller913

Reaction score
The plastic is still on the back of mine it doesn't bother me at all.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
mine is still on and staying on, give me link to MOTO saying it comes off. And do think for a minute i would trust a Verizon rep.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
mine is still on and staying on, give me link to MOTO saying it comes off. And do think for a minute i would trust a Verizon rep.

And it just got better ! VZW is where I work.

BTW - I think you meant to say "And DON'T think for a minute..." right?

NickWgnr

Reaction score

I just emailed Motorola and Im getting a straight answer on this so it can be answered for the DROID community. Stay tuned for a thread whenever I get an answer.

Wagner :motdroidvert: