plastic film

imiller913

Reaction score
Mine slides fine the it on so i guess I will leave it that way. Atleast for now

stealthvdaddy

Reaction score
After looking at it carefully, there is a small window of no plastic on the back and there are rub marks on the metal. I have the Body Glove case and it is real stiff to slide. I don't think it being stiff to slide is a bad thing. The last thing I want is for it to open all by itself. Im going to leave it until im told that it will damage the phone by leaving it on. Plus im not sure of it goes down more than we can see.

nazgoul

Reaction score
I also took mine off a moment ago and I'll have to agree that the sliding feels so much smoother and more natural than before. Before it felt to me like I was forcing the keyboard out that slide it, which made me hesitate to use it. But without the plastic it feels much better, and the plastic really looks like a protective film rather than something that is meant to be there permanently. Thanks for all the replies on the thread, helped me a lot ! :clap:

I will leave mine on. I don't want to rip off a piece that can potentially protect the phone. Also..my phone keyboard slides perfectly as is. Not too easy and not too hard. It would bother me to have the screen slide out on it's own. Protective piece stays put on mine.

I'm just speculating, but I think, that having that plastic on might "lever it out" or something.

~naz

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The plastic is not meant to stay on the phone...Just take it off.
Protection during manufacture.....

me_droid

Reaction score
My snap on gel cover caught on the tape when I slid it so it was coming off anyway - TAKE IT OFF! Slides better and if you have a problem afterwards as earlier poster said you should get it replaced.

dro

Reaction score
When I got my Droid I assumed it was protective and started peeling the corner. I then realized how hard it was to remove and got scared I was making a mistake. At this point I tried smoothing it back out, which of course did not work. I painfully peeled the whole thing off, and am glad I did. I only slid it a few times with the film on, but it felt stiff and unnatural. It is perfect without the film, it is not loose at all. It simply slides very smoothly. I have had mine for a couple weeks and have not put it down. It has seen a lot of abuse already, I opted for the insurance so I don't mind passing it around. My friends two year old even had some fun with it, which was kind of scary but this thing is built like a tank. There is no chance the screen would move without being pushed, even if you tried. It still snaps firmly. At first inspection, it appeared that there were light surface scrapes where the two mechanisms that lock the screen slide. After a quick polishing with my t-shirt, good as new!

Last edited:

Needler56

Reaction score
on mine between the two right screws, the plastic seems to be snagging on something. i'll be taking it off now