Plantronics backbeat 903 headset.... Anyone have these?

tc1

Reaction score
Or something similar?

I want to get a new headset and I'm looking for reviews, I already checked out amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00428N9OK/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1347623452&sr=8-2

My biggest concern is if they cut out if you have your phone in your front pocket?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Hard to say. Any Bluetooth set can be prone to signal disruption when it's in a pocket a few feet away and you're moving around a lot a la exercise and such. You like the earbud style to them? So much worse for your ears than ear clip or around ear. Possibly should look into armband accessory to help mitigate the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I have the lg tones right now and they're awesome(never a drop in connection) in every way except for one thing.

Where the earbud is connected to the wire, it is angled out away from the ear.

This makes the wire arc to the base which isn't discreet at all.

And yes I like the earbud style, if used properly they're actually better for your hearing. Since they block out noise there is no need to crank up the volume.

Last edited:

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I have a set of the Plantronics 903 backbeat Bluetooth headphones. The Bluetooth connectivity is bad, it's totally unreliable outdoors, constant drops. Inside it's better connectivity. The ear things are difficult to use, but I will say the sound quality is great, if you can get use to the ear things it delivers great music sound. The Bluetooth telephone part of the device is bad. Everyone I talk with says they can't hear me. Battery life is great, and the headset folds up into a small pouch. Play/pause skip forward, skip backward and volume controls really suck bigtime, very awkward to use, so bad I was constantly taking out my phone to manage what should be done on the fly. They are very light weight though and wrap around the back of your head ok. They were low cost , under $50 if I remember correctly.

sgtjiggy

Reaction score
I have a set - my second set. They work just fine. One of the speakers blew in my first set along with the battery only taking a partial charge. They were replaced free of charge through plantronics. I only experienced signal disruption when the phone was in my front or back pants pocket. If it was in a case on my belt or a shirt pocket I had zero issues.

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Ugh... Might just keep the lg tones then.

Cannot deal with connection or drop issues, been too spoiled by the lg tones, no matter where they are located in never lose a connection.