Plantronic Bluetooth headset not working properly with Note2 . . .

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
Been having a problem with my Plantronics Voyager Pro and Voyager Pro+ headsets connecting to my Note 2. What happens is when I try to make a phone call while in the car or in a store I would get an error message saying that the headset could not connect to the network.

After a few weeks of getting this message intermittently it became more common. Called Verizon and they were of little help saying that the headset was too old (had them for like 18 months minimum) for the software in the phone. They referred me to Plantronics. Well Plantronics also was no help to me. So I figured that I was stuck and would have to buy a new more modern headset.

I waited another month and finally decided to spring for a new headset. But I had to call Verizon just one more time and see if there they had found some sort of solution to my problem. This time Verizon Wireless was very helpful. After doing some routine things the customer service rep suggested the tried and true fix. A factory reset and also adding the apps back on one at a time and seeing if that helped the problem. Not something that I wanted to do but the hope that the reset might solve the problem was worth the time spent adding back the apps.

Glad to say that it has been about 10 days since I did the factory reset and I added back all the apps that I had on the Note2 previously except for a few that I really did not use and my problems seems to be solved. Have not gotten any network connection error messages to date. Hope that this post might be of some help to those who are or might experience the same problem I did.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thank you for posting.. I'm going thru the threads missed this one.. Keep us posted and updated.. Hopefully no more issues.

Noted 2x~4 beta

OP
BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
Something new with this thread and the problem I had with the Plantronics Voyager Pro and Voyager Pro + bluetooth headsets. Both headsets started acting up again and would not connect to the phone consistently.

So I called Verizon Support and got some help. At first they thought it was a hardware problem so they sent me a refurbed Note 2. That did not work so I got back to them and we figured it had to be software causing the problem. The Verizon Tech was very helpful and sympathetic with my plight.

First he got Samsung on the phone and we discussed the problem. Seems that the way bluetooth is set up with the Note 2 it will not work properly with the Voyager Pro and Pro +. Seems the firmware in the headset is not up to current standards. Well I have had them for at least 2 years. At that point the Verizon Tech got Plantronics on the phone and we discussed the problem with them. They confirmed that it was a problem with the firmware in the headset. Plantronics suggested that I try the Voyager Legend which has up to date firmware and should work with the Note 2. Now the Verizon Tech felt so sorry for me that the did some work and got me a 25% discount on the Voyager Legend headset that he applied to my bill immediately. So I went to my local Verizon store that evening and picked up the Voyager Legend. Seems to be working well.

One problem with the Voyager Legend is when I am wearing it and my phone rings I not only get notification through the headset but I can also hear it on the phone as well. So I called Plantronics Support and found out that this is one problem with this model headset. The tech also has a Note 2 and the same problem. What he suggested was that I pull down the notification bar at the top of the screen and turn off the volume. This only turns off the volume to the phone. Tried it and found that this solves my problem.

But who wants to always have to pull down the notification bar to turn off the volume on the ringer when take off the headset and have the phone sitting on my desk. What I did to fix that problem was got the PlayStore and download a widget called Silent Mode OnOff. I have two other widgets from this developer for turning off WiFi and Bluetooth. So I put the Silent Mode OnOff right next to the Bluetooth OnOff widget on my homescreen and just tap it when I am going out of the house and need to turn on the Bluetooth.

Hope that the original problem is solved. After two days it seems to be working fine. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Reaction score
I was thinking you could probably automate this with Tasker but I took a quick look at it and I don't see a trigger for blue tooth headset connection. There should be some way to automate it though.