Planet of the Apps is on, here's to hoping they mention Android's

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Anyone see it? Seems like it's just Apples, but maybe I'll get some cool recommendations for mine.

UPDATE: Just saw the Droid on the "coming up" portion, woot! I am way to excited about this, that's what you get when you're a nerd I suppose.

Last edited:

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Yeah, we watched it last night. After the first 20 minutes I was *****ing that they should have named the show "Planet of the Apple" since it was basically an ad for how awesome Apple is. Grah.

And I choked when they announced how Apple revolutionized the world by inventing the app concept. If I recall correctly, I was using very similar apps on my Palm-OS Sony Clie 7+ years ago. My old Clie was 95% as effective as a iPod Touch (and it had a camera!). Plus, the Palm was truly a fantastic PIM, which is something that Apple/appmakers haven't really shown a lot of interest in. So the hardcore business market is still largely unaffected by Apple. I hope that Droid appmakers will fill that gap soon, instead of racing to make toy apps to compete with Apple.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Meh, Apple was the first to really market the whole "app" thing. It single handedly revolutionized smart phones. Props to them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Meh, Apple was the first to really market the whole "app" thing. It single handedly revolutionized smart phones. Props to them.

couldn't agree more.

they made smartphones mainstream. If Apple didn't come along with the iPhone, Smartphones would be far behind of where they are now, if you ask me.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

couldn't agree more.

they made smartphones mainstream. If Apple didn't come along with the iPhone, Smartphones would be far behind of where they are now, if you ask me.

Without a doubt.

DHood

Reaction score

couldn't agree more.

unfortunately, since then, they've done nothing to continue to lead the way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, this thread seems like it's a private one. What is planet of the apps? Is it a TV show? Webcast? Link please.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Guys, this thread seems like it's a private one. What is planet of the apps? Is it a TV show? Webcast? Link please.

It was a televised one-hour special about the blowing up of apps in today's society.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It was a televised one-hour special about the blowing up of apps in today's society.

OK....As many television stations there are and since they often repeat these type of shows can you give me a clue as to what channel you found it on?:)

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

OK....As many television stations there are and since they often repeat these type of shows can you give me a clue as to what channel you found it on?:)

Of course!

It's on CNBC

Next show time is Monday, January 18th 11a ET

Planet of the Apps: A Handheld Revolution, About, Information, Technology, Applications, Business, Marketing, Competition, Broadcast Media - CNBC.com

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Of course!

It's on CNBC

Next show time is Monday, January 18th 11a ET

Planet of the Apps: A Handheld Revolution, About, Information, Technology, Applications, Business, Marketing, Competition, Broadcast Media - CNBC.com

Thanks. I will set my TiVo. :)

supahrob

Reaction score
Before I bother setting up my TiVo.... did they do a decent segment on the Droid, or just mention it in passing? I agree, the Iphone helped the smartphone industry... but I dont/wont own one and have no interest in watching a show about the Iphone. BUT - I can sit through the Iphone junk if there is some good Droid stuff to see - so is there?

Take care,
Rob

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Before I bother setting up my TiVo.... did they do a decent segment on the Droid, or just mention it in passing? I agree, the Iphone helped the smartphone industry... but I dont/wont own one and have no interest in watching a show about the Iphone. BUT - I can sit through the Iphone junk if there is some good Droid stuff to see - so is there?

Take care,
Rob

There is no Droid stuff in there really, they showed one on the coming up part where they were to discuss the competitors, and that must have lasted 2 minutes at most. But it's really interesting nonetheless, it has some cool info and follows along some dudes who were building an app and were trying to release it, and then they do by the end of the show so you can kinda see their progress. IDK, it was worth a watch.