plain old original droid. will it recieve froyo

t1m130

Reaction score
Its driving me crazy that the new 2.2 is out and I havnt received it. I have an unrooted phone and am curious is my phone to out of date to receive the OTA update. If so I want to root but worried about losing my verizon asurance incase I ever shatter my phone. Can I root and unroot if it does void the warranty to bring it back to factory settings?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unrooting will leave no traces of root and you can use your warranty

2.2 is pushed out in stages. just be patient :)

also, :welcome:

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Isn't it supposed to be finished rolling out tomorrow? Still haven't gotten mine :(

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't it supposed to be finished rolling out tomorrow? Still haven't gotten mine :(

Well, it's not tomorrow yet, is it?

True, but there's a lot of people on here that havn't got it yet.

Very true, and there are people I work with who haven't gotten it yet, either. My advice to you is the same. Wait until the end of the day tomorrow, and if you still haven't gotten it, it might not hurt to give VZW a call. Even if they push 200,000 at 11:59pm tonight; and 200,000 more at 11:59pm tomorrow; that will be almost 1/4 million additional people. A significant chunk of the overall ownership numbers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its driving me crazy that the new 2.2 is out and I havnt received it. I have an unrooted phone and am curious is my phone to out of date to receive the OTA update. If so I want to root but worried about losing my verizon asurance incase I ever shatter my phone. Can I root and unroot if it does void the warranty to bring it back to factory settings?

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. You don't have to root to receive the OTA update. Here's an easy to follow thread on how to do it and install flash.

Manual Android 2.2 Update for Motorola DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Well, it's not tomorrow yet, is it?

True, but there's a lot of people on here that havn't got it yet.

Very true, and there are people I work with who haven't gotten it yet, either. My advice to you is the same. Wait until the end of the day tomorrow, and if you still haven't gotten it, it might not hurt to give VZW a call. Even if they push 200,000 at 11:59pm tonight; and 200,000 more at 11:59pm tomorrow; that will be almost 1/4 million additional people. A significant chunk of the overall ownership numbers.

Yeah, I'm going to call them tomorrow, and if I still don't get it I'm going in there on friday.