Placing in Cradle with NO Noise???

Reaction score
OK, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to place this thing in the charging cradle without it saying "droid." I'd prefer that to be silent. I have everything else set to vibrate or silent, but for whatever reason this particular thing still does it. Help??!!!

Detonation

Reaction score
The Droid has multiple volume controls which can make it pretty confusing at first if you're used to just a single volume on most phones. In your case you're probably looking to mute the media volume, which doesn't get turned off when put into silent mode. You can find it in the sound & display menu mentioned above.

The various volumes are ringer, system, media, alert, alarm, and in-call. Of course they are not all in one place to set, but there are apps that can do that (see AudioManager)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's saying "Droid" because your default notification still says "Droid".

Settings, Sound and Display, Notification Ringtone.

Either change it to silent, or a much more pleasant ding, and it'll do that when you drop it into the cradle.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
My default notification sound is "Droid", but it does not do it just because I put it in the cradle. Just if I get a text message, email, etc. I do have the sound turned off for SD card notification so it does not "Dorid" when I first turn it on unless I actually have a message. Perhaps that is what you need to do.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
Alright thanks. Played around with it a little more and got it to work. One of the numerous sound settings. I'll look into that audio manager app. Thanks.

crspang

Reaction score
Audio manager works good, but ringGaurd doesn't play well with it. I don't know if you use ringGuard so I'm just sayin.....