Placing call on hold, answering incoming call

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by simkie, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Interesting thread. I'm no longer "popular enough" to have encountered the problems noted above, but as mbooty points out, this is a major problem for those trying to use a droid in many business environments. (And unfortunately, it's another indication of the reason that so many business users will give up their Blackberries when they're pried out of their cold dead hands.)

No solution from here but I would point out that Google Voice provides some features in the form of contact group specific and number specific voice mail messages that may help at least alert specific callers with a personalized greeting. The feature that allows one to screen incoming Google voice mails may also help in specific situations.

Somewhat off the central point here but I've always been annoyed by call waiting features that prioritize an incoming call above a current call. They remind me of a situation where I take the time and effort to go to a store and have a clerk suspend our conversation to answer the phone. IMHO it's usually better to deal with demands in a first come/first serve manner. But I realize that's not a rigid rule.

2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so today, while leaving a VM for my mom, she called back. I can see she is calling so I answered, while her VM message is still playing on the other line.

I did not know what to do.

I look at the phone and saw this "swap" icon in the upper left of the screen - circle with opposite facing arrows. So, I pressed that and there she was. But, as I said, her message was still playing on the other open line. So, I hit that swap button, went back to the VM message I was leaving and hung hit "END" - well, it killed both calls. BUT, then an "incoming" call came in and it was her.

So, it is like it ends both calls, and then calls you back. She reported hearing nothing but it ringing all of the sudden after I told her to wait.

is this correct? did I do this right? is there a better way to take both calls, kill off one, go back to other?

3. gocflamedragon

Ratings:
    +0
    From my understanding of what was posted above you could have swiped to ignore your moms call for a moment then ended the current call to her voicemail then your phone would have came back up that your mom was still calling of course idk if this is how it really works its just my take on what was said above.

4. mikewithmitek

mikewithmitek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While connected via bluetooth to anything, my driod automatically connects me to the second call. Anyone know a way to avoid this?

5. goracer

goracer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was googling for this answer but apparently there is none. :blackberry: does & :motdroidvert: doesn't..."what"?

6. SoCalBeachBum

SoCalBeachBum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wandering if anyone has found a solution to this.

Also, for those with experience with Windows 7 (Mango) and the iPhone, do they have better call management? What about ICS?

#18 SoCalBeachBum, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
Search tags for this page

android call on hold

how to answer a second call on android
how to answer an incoming call while on the phone
how to answer incoming call while on another call

how to answer second call on droid

how to hold call in android
how to put a call on hold android

how to put a call on hold on android

how to put a call on hold on droid