[Placeholder] Known Issues and Fixes

Daringo

Reaction score
Wifi Connection Issues - This might help

Issue: The device is not connecting to my WiFi Network when i activate WiFi through the Power Control Widget

I have noticed ...

If I power cycle my DX, than it always connects the first time I try pressing the wifi widget (your pick, android or motorola). Subsequent presses randomly work (until I try the technique mentioned by the author of this thread). Connection is solid.

Hope that helps some of you folks. Not a great solution, but perhaps this may help Motorola figure this out. I'm quite sure this is a software issue. And it sure explains the randomness... I mean, now I can connect instantly at least once per power cycle.

D

Last edited:

uconnkid3219

Reaction score
Issue Found:
Incoming E-mail can be received, but outgoing e-mail cannot be sent.

Cause:
In my case at least, I figured out the cause of this issue to be a design error in the e-mail setup. In the Outgoing Server Setup there SHOULD be a check box titled "Requires Login" that can be UN-checked (K9 E-mail has this, but the standard e-mail the Droid X comes with does not). If your e-mail provider does NOT require login for outgoing e-mail, then you won't be able to get e-mails to send from your Droid X no matter what you do. This is because the Outgoing Server Setup assumes that your provider requires login. Obviously EVERY e-mail provider requires login to receive INCOMING e-mails... but not all providers require login for outgoing e-mail. If they do not require login, then there is no username/password that you can put in that will work.

Fix:
Motorola either needs to release an update that allows the user to setup the outgoing server for providers that do not require login (all it is is a simple check box that disables the username/password boxes on the outgoing server setup screen). UNTIL THEN, you can download K9 E-mail which works perfect. When setting up the K9 E-mail App... you will see what I am talking about when I refer to the "Requires Login" check box. It is in the Outgoing Server Setup screen.

This bothered me for a solid 24 hours after getting my Droid X (yesterday)... I thought I was putting in the wrong outgoing server name or the wrong port number for so long. Finally I downloaded K9, which didn't work either until I unchecked the "Requires Login" box in the Outgoing setup. As soon as I did that... it worked. Went back to the standard Droid X e-mail setup and realized that was the issue all along.

Hope this spares some of you guys the headache it gave me!

xtremedroid

Reaction score
being cool- helpful-

zerocool- is a zero- at being cool.. no reason to bash someone because he
or she doesnt know how to fix droid app issue. maybe one day you might
need help..and being rude will get you no where. :icon_evil::):icon_ banana:

bcbailey1977

Reaction score
Multimedia and upgrade

Since I got my upgrade I have a Motorola Droid through VZW. Now it doesn't show in the notification bar that I am connected to the multimedia dock. And I have the standard alarm clock and Better Alarm clock that I can switch but is this due to the upgrade.

xtremedroid

Reaction score
update glitches

issue resolution idea: I received the 2.2 update myself as well last sunday 8/15, and have seen phone do abnormal things since. I went to VZN store,
asked about glitches- they acknowledged that there were problems people
were having- one such customers phone turned off and never came back on!
Next, the agent(?) was attempting to read a instruction sheet on addressing the issue ( note I didnt say resolve..) I asked her what was
involved in the "fix" and she said HARD RESET. I asked what was involved, and she said restore phone to factory default- which ( as she put it.) wipes all apps off phone- but she wasnt sure... and if it didnt work- they would scrap my NEW phone and give me a CERTIFIED "like new" ( read refurbished
junk) and accept that as their fix- if they have no droids- they give a suitable replacement ( laugh at this point ) and keep smiling at how
absurd their tech dept is. I decided to go through each update and see if
it was compatible with 2.2 by seeing developers tech notes in area where
you normally tap install . Second thing you can try is a soft reset.
turn off device, remove battery, put it back in 1-2 min. ( approx)
turn back on and try functions- if problem(s) persist. I would
remove apps not designed for 2.2. or next call motorola, check out their
advice/fix. next call verizon tech dept- avoid lower level "tech dept" at
VZN store. last option.. complain till the cows bark at a top level
supervisor at Verizon cust svce about hassle, issues, and my old favorite-
threaten to cancel contract if you dont get a NEW phone- with existing
contract- or that you will altogether cancel contract and go to another
wireless carrier. Thats how I got my 50.00 Droid in June. hope this helps. dancedroid

Exabachay

Reaction score
with the new update, my music player wont accept any format but mpeg. will i have to reformat ALL of my music?

anjen

Reaction score
Music format

Hi, no I don't think so, you just need to get a player capable of rendering the music format.

For instance, I'm a bit of an old fart, and I like my "mod" files. After seeing your post, and having just gotten the Froyo upgrade late last week, I suddenly got worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to listen to them...but sure enough, I powered up my mod player and voila, up came Fountainhead.mod... listening to it now.

Ok, next test. I am an old fan of Musical Starstreams (trance/etc)and just booted up the stock music player to start listening to an old (1999) broadcast recorded in MP3. works fine.

So, MP3 is good on stock player, .mod, .s3m .xm, and .it are at the very least handled by DroidSound player, and I expect others deal with the rest.

I don't personally *touch Apple files, so I can't help you there if that's what you're talking about. I would never pollute any of my devices with Apple code or Apple infected files.

As I said, you just need a music player that handles whatever format you're talking about.

best wishes

Droidx_guy

Reaction score
Another issue I just wanted to bring up that has been quite common is that the droid will not connect to a hidden network even with the proper SSID and Password. The only fix to this so far is to unhide the network. I personally think that should be fixed in droid

bssappe

Reaction score
I had this problem last night....

i couldnt connect to my home network even though all the info was correct.
how do i "unhide" my network?

Aimers69

Reaction score
calendar invites

**former BB user**
So my question is. i was setting up an event in my calendar and i noticed the spot for requests and i was like this is kewl i can send this to other people. well i add peoples email addresses and they don't get anything. i tested it by using my email address and i don't get anything. i go out of the calendar and back in and i notice i can choose accept deny or tenative...i choose accept and nothing happens. how do i get this to work properly..it was my favorite thing about the blackberry, since my family does alot together it helps to send the event to people. thank you

Dolfan

Reaction score
How bout a solution to the droid losing photos forever in the qallery once a power off/reboot is done...

kfjrusa

Reaction score
Uscellular customers.

If you are having problems with your my contacts backup. Here is a solution that was offered to me. Go to your contacts on your phone. then menu, accounts, manage accounts, gmail, and sync contacts. if there is a check already in the the sync contacts take it out, and then put it back. Your contacts will be uploaded to your gmail account. After that is done. go into your my contacts backup program, and then go to settings, auto backup, and change the frequency to never. This will eliminate the issues with your my contacts backup by using a more reliable method of backing up your contacts.

Also, if you are having the problems I ran into today. Where your my contacts backup deleted the contacts from your phone, and duplicated them on the my contacts backup web site. here is the fix to get them back on the phone. first go to the web site and delete the extra contacts from there. Second, go to your phone and delete all contacts from your phone. After that is done. go back to the web site, and then to the add/delete contact from phone. Move all contacts to contacts NOT on: (whatever your phone is) Click save. Now go back into add/remove contacts from phone and move them all back to contacts on: (whatever your phone is) click save again. Once it is back to the main window, refresh the page, and all contacts should be set to go back onto the phone again. run the backup from the web site, and all contacts should be restored to your phone. As soon as that is done. I recommend going in and shutting the auto backup feature off. that way you don't run into the same problem again.

tkguess

Reaction score
New update screwed up phone Verizon LG Droid Ally

The phone went through the new update seemingly without a flaw. UNTIL.
The first issue I had was that the phone shut it self off About a week later and would not come back on. It had been recharged but there was nothing. We finally had to remove the battery for a few seconds and then put it back in and turn it on. It worked. It has done that a few times since then. A friend who has the same phone has also had this happen to hers.
Next issue phone shuts off and comes back on at random times all on it's own.
Biggest issue. when I open the phone. it seems I seldom get the green open button that you have to slide to open... all I get is a blank background screen for bout 5 to 10 seconds before any of the icons come up and if someone is texting me back and forth it is a pain in the butt. I get the text sound but I have to wait several seconds ( sometimes more than 10) just to get the icon to go back to the texting area.
I can't make a phone call or answer one until then either. God forbid I would need to Call 911.
I have antivirus lookout and it hasn't seen any problems. All my apps are downloaded through the marketplace on my phone. So I don't know what the problem is.
Recently, It lost all my ringtones and some of the apps stopped working so I had to remove them an download them again and reinstall. It ended up fouling up a few of my ringtones and making strange glitches in them.
I wish I had the choice not to update. The world is hectic enough without having to take several hours to fix a phone issue caused by an update.
Was there anything GOOD? about the update?
It seems now my only choice is to find out how to back up my contacts and save my voice recorder and notepad files and photos and do a whole phone reset and start over. Who knows when I will have the time for that.

docrea47

Reaction score
Charging problem

When I connect motorola droid to charger for night at bedside, I cannot user it to answer, or any of the functions (pda) unless I unplug charger miniusb. Also sometime at night it will go to vibrating and will sometime call someone in the c all history and usually get a recorded message that awakens me. weird. Not sure if short in charger or what, but charges up by next morning or when I unplug it during night.