pjeoutwest

pjeoutwest

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking for help with my motorola droid (Verizon). It is an early version 2.2.2 and is not a wifi hot spot. Is there a way to physically tether it to my ipad 2 to get access?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Technically u would need root to tether wirelessly. My D2G and DX with the Xoom can tether between the two and not have to use my wireless tether to be turned on as im using it via Bluetooth. However my laptop, I need to turn on my wireless tether to do so. U can try to BT w/the iPad

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / DX / Xoom

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking for help with my motorola droid (Verizon). It is an early version 2.2.2 and is not a wifi hot spot. Is there a way to physically tether it to my ipad 2 to get access?

Great question! Unfortunately, The original Droid does not have the ability to tether via usb cable or as a hotspot.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

DROOIID

Reaction score

Yes if you root you could tethering using an adhoc connection. It will be breaking TOS, so they could cancel your account and/or charge you for tethering. It can be done though.