Pixelated contact photos

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Has anyone found a work around for the grainy contact pics? They look good as thumbnails, but when someone calls the full screen quality is terrible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think HaxSync may have fixed that problem, but I'm not sure as I don't use it. I think Google is working on a fix though. They really centered on the contact pic for a bit during the press conference, so I doubt they'll leave it to that quality. Unless they expect people to use higher quality pictures...

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I think HaxSync may have fixed that problem, but I'm not sure as I don't use it. I think Google is working on a fix though. They really centered on the contact pic for a bit during the press conference, so I doubt they'll leave it to that quality. Unless they expect people to use higher quality pictures...

The source size of the pictures are not the problem. They get downsized when they sync with the contacts on the phone. I will look into HaxSync.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm. Hope it works out for ya. I don't use haxsync and don't have google+ synced so I just got a bunch of generic squares:D

MrKleen

Reaction score
When you flash a new rom you have to edit every contact picture to a pic on your phone. When it syncs with Google you lose the quality next time you flash a rom.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
When you flash a new rom you have to edit every contact picture to a pic on your phone. When it syncs with Google you lose the quality next time you flash a rom.

Yeah I had noticed I could manually set the pictures, and the quality would stick. But I am using Facebook to sync pictures, as I do not have pictures of all my contacts on my phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes I hope they fix this.

I flash a lot of roms and fixing all the pictures is very inconvenient.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Haxsync works by creating a seperate account under accounts and sync then syncs the pics from Facebook. It works pretty well, and for a dollar isn't a waste either. Just be careful with the sync settings it can kill your battery if you have it set to sync too often. But it has a lot of settings you can tweak to get what your looking for. I just have mine sync once a day because I just want the nicer pictures I don't care about the status updates as much.