Pixel. Stuck white pixel.

daspacher19

Reaction score
I purchased a droid x this week. A few days ago I noticed a white pixel constantly on in the middle of my screen. I have ran several screen tests/pixel fix programs for hours and hours without success. I have to search for this pixel to see it but it still bothers me!! I'm always searching for it now. Should I go to verizon for a new phone risking a refurb or live with it? ANY opinions or tips will help A LOT. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Guess it depends on how long you've had it. Since you paid for the phone and got a mfr's defect in your phone, you should demand a replace with a new one. You didn't PAY for a refurbished one. Stand up to them, I know I would :)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I have a blue pixel that is like this. Just got my X today. Should I take it back or is it a messed up pixel because of the update?

Edit: I'm running Jscreenfix from the market right now. I'll let it go for another 25 minutes and see if it goes away. If not I'll see if it'll fix itself, and I can go to verizon next week.

OP
D

daspacher19

Reaction score
Its ridiculous...i just got the phone. Not sure how they will go about transferring all of the info on this phone to a new one. Such a pain!

OP
D

daspacher19

Reaction score
Im getting a NEW phone today. You should do the same. Too nice of a phone and too "nice" of a monthly bill to settle for a half ass screen.

Trong

Reaction score
Calm down. Manufacturing mistakes happen. And with the way Google has set up Android, it really only takes a few minutes for everything to start syncing up.

Also, I believe PC World an article on phone screen comparisons and the DX actually got second behind the iPhone for screen quality.

csimo

Reaction score
I've been told the following by both a local Verizon (franchise) store and 611 technical support:

If the phone is less than 30 days old it will be replaced if any stuck or dead pixel is noticeable.

If the phone is over 30 days old you need to have at least 4 stuck or dead pixels noticeable for the phone to be replaced.

I don't know if this is an official Verizon policy or not, but they both said the same thing.

I have one pixel stuck on green that annoys me. I've tried the pixel repair programs with no luck.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Is this because of the .340 update? I ran jscreenfix while I slept last night and no luck. I plan on using mine the rest of the day and then going to Verizon if it doesn't fix. I read that most pixels that light up a certain color fix themselves. I wonder if my pixel has a problem going black, that's only when I notice it. But is it because of the OTA?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Is this because of the .340 update? I ran jscreenfix while I slept last night and no luck. I plan on using mine the rest of the day and then going to Verizon if it doesn't fix. I read that most pixels that light up a certain color fix themselves. I wonder if my pixel has a problem going black, that's only when I notice it. But is it because of the OTA?
No a stuck pixel is not happening because of an update. It is an issue with the screen hardware itself. Stuck/Dead pixels seem to be something that happens to the X quite a bit. Out of the 3 Droid X in my household 2 have had to gone back for Stuck/Dead Pixels. If the pixel is stuck you can try JScreenFix. If that doesn't fix it I would take the phone back and get yourself another one. No need to half settle with a hope it might come unstuck one day

AMelis

Reaction score
Such excitement. A stuck pixel, or a dead pixel, is a hardware problem. Usually Verizon will exchange with no problem. And Google repopulates the apps and setting with no problem either. And
THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH A REFURBISHED UNIT. There seems to be a ick factor that they are givin you a used unit, but in fact, refurbished units are checked more throroughly than brand new out of the box, which often are not touch by human hands...
Life is good.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Fixed mine. Ran JscreenFix overnight and woke up and it was still there. A few hours later I ran it for 5 minutes, and then after that I download stuck pixel fix from the market and ran that and it dissapeared.

OP
D

daspacher19

Reaction score
Nice. Good to hear. I just left verizon and got a new replacement X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App