Pixel ringer volume tied to notification volume

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by anewton, May 8, 2017.

1. anewton

anewton Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Hello,

I just received the latest security update from Google on my Pixel phone, so I don't know if that was what was responsible, or perhaps something else I've done, but I've noticed some changes to my volume settings.

In Tasker, I used to be able to set most if not all of my volumes from 0-15. Now, only media (music) can be set in that scale. All other volumes I can only set from 0-7.

Also, it used to be the case that I could set my ring volume separately from my notification volume, but now if I adjust one, the other is also adjusted.

Does anyone here have any insight into this behavior? Could an unassociated app be contributing to this?

2. JDH

JDH Active Member

Ratings:
    +113
    It's not new, it occurs in marshmallow 6.0.1.as well. One setting for all. I could set separately in lollipop. One more improvement, NOT!

3. anewton

anewton Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I've been reading about the linked volumes, you're right, that's not new (but something I've been meaning to ask/gripe about for awhile).

What seems to me to be new is the new ranges 0-7 for everything except Media (music). I know this is really new because in Tasker, it still shows settings for various volume levels at 0-15...unless I attempt to modify them, them it halves the value (if it's over 7) and adjusts from there.

This also had the undesirable value of doubling the effective values -- whereas I used to have my alarm set at 4/15, it suddenly got twice as loud (4/7), waking me with much more force than necessary or what I'm used to...and annoying my wife, who gets up later than I do. :-(

Search tags for this page

android ring volume is disabled in pixel

pixel ringer volume issue