Pixel Phone Looking Very iPhoney in Latest Renders

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sailfish-Back-Clean-840x1493.jpg

Earlier today AndroidAuthority treated the community to so fresh renders and even a video of the upcoming HTC Built Google device often referred to as "Sailfish". On first impressions I have to say this looks a lot like an iPhone. The metal back with the antenna band across the back along with the rounded rectangle shape gives this phone the feeling of an iPhone. There are plenty of characteristics of this design that make it stand out including a glossy top half on the back which could be plastic or glass. The fingerprint is also on the back. Instead of pinholes for the speaker on the bottom there are two rectangular cutouts. There is no button on the on the front. The edges of the device are chamfered giving the device more of an HTC 10 feel.

The renders in the video were provided by "Onleaks" who has been pretty credible in the past. His renders are normally drawn up with blueprints provided by case makers. You will be happy to know that the device will include a 3.5mm headphone jack. We also expect to see a full HD display, snapdragon 820, and 4GB of RAM. Android Nougat will be the OS. I don't know about you but I am getting pretty pumped for the release of Google's new flagship!

via Android Authority

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Other than the chin on the bottom, Im feeling it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I mean...I know Google supposedly had more of a say on design if the rumors are true, but this IS still a phone made by HTC. Haha!

Not a horrible looking device for the most part, imo.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What else do we know about the HTC Nexus, codenamed ‘Sailfish’? Thanks to previous leaks, we can expect a Full HD display (probably measuring around 5.2-5.3 inches), alongside the Snapdragon 820 processor (although it might be the Snapdragon 821) and 4GB of RAM.

I really hope it ends up being 5.0" as was originally estimated. The Nexus 5X at 5.2" is just a bit more than I'd like.

-Matt

Last edited:

tommyz

Reaction score
I really wish it was another company making the phones. Maybe Google will switch it up for the following generation and use another manufacturer.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
7.3mm thick, that would put battery size between 2400 and 2800mah. I'll pass.