Pirates and Traders

sk8er14

Reaction score
I just downloaded the game pirates and traders and havent been able to stop playing.... i just get a good ship then get cocky and die from a warship can anyone help me

strategy

Reaction score
To paraphrase one of the "veteran" players, it's all about knowing what to trade and what to sink. Some general advice:

- Always check all rumors in port. This will inform you about good trading opportunities, but also tell you where to go if you want to rob specific goods (shortages and surpluses means that there is a bigger chance of finding that good on ships in the region).

- Don't attack indiscriminately (i.e., don't piss off everyone - you need a place of refuge) and don't fight ships which have both bigger crews and more cannons than your own (whichever way you choose to fight - make sure you have the advantage). Warships and other pirates are rarely worth the effort, as they are much harder and rarely carry valuable goods. Never fight if you are damaged. Run away and live for another day - don't get cocky. :wink:

- If you are fighting a privateer and losing, don't be afraid to surrender. Better to lose your goods than to get sunk.

- Check the missions. They are often lucrative and can get you quick money.

If you are having trouble understanding the game, do post on the forum. There are guys there who are happy to help, and I appreciate any feedback that can help improve the game (including making it more accessible).

Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte

phreek

Reaction score
I just downloaded the game pirates and traders and havent been able to stop playing.... i just get a good ship then get cocky and die from a warship can anyone help me

I have the same problem you do, just gotta pick your fights more carefully.

ianorout

Reaction score
Start small

Start small...just start by trading and upgrading your ship. Once you are ready start battling against other nations. Find at least one nation to be loyal to (like the one you chose at first, so when you start taking over territory it's for them). Never fight against your own nation's ships, or ships that are allied with your country. I rarely buy food, just get it off of other nation's ships. My ship that I've used for most of the game is Hull 29, Sails 10, Rigging 10, Crew 360, Cannon 52, and Cargo 100. Still trade and take on jobs. You may want to upgrade 3 or 4 different ships, first one for trading (more cargo), but in the end you want an overall one with lots of cargo, and strong for battle. When you get a ship that has good ratings start beefing up your money (so you can buy rum for your crew so you are better battling). During gameplay remember to visit the mayor of each town. Earning rank and letters of marguee (or whatever) will help you recruit members and more victories in battle.

After that you can start finding a country that is not allied, or even at war with your country. Find their weakest settlement ( on a 2-3 scale, 2 will be their economy, and 3 will be their military size in hundreds). So at first you pillage and burn towns until you have weakened their military to 1 or 200. then you Pillage, which means everything in their market is free if you win the battle. You can pillage a couple of times until they only have 1 or 2 of each thing, and then before you leave the township, go to battle, and click on "For Great Britain!" (or whatever) and that will take the town over for your country. But it will start off with a 1-1 scale, and you'll have to trade there, or just wait for it to get stronger. Other nations may want to take it over from you, so keep an eye on it. As I've taken over every territory, it is best to keep atleast 1 or 2 spanish settlements (they bring in the treasure ships, which make you the most money, I'm well over 1.5 million, and most of that is in my retirement fund, whatever that is - I'll let you figure out where you get the most money for your treasure). I am not sure how to "win" the game, but it gets boring when you get to a point where not much can hurt you, and you have all the money you need and the best ship you can find...

so good luck.

• Upgrade ship
  • Jobs (mainly for your country)
  • Rank
  • Fight ships
  • Steal a better ship, upgrade it (also recruit members of other crews, the specialty sailmaker, gunner, etc)
  • Get rich
  • Plunder, Pillage, take over more places.
You can view your ships status, cargo, where to find certain special members of your crew, rumors, what nation is allied and at war with who, etc etc etc.
Hope this helps.... one of my favorite games that doesn't lock my `roid up.

jomatt_456

Reaction score
my strategy in getting plenty of money in pirates and treaders is that siezing the spanish trade galleons that has 60 crew using the cheapest ship after them surrendering sieze their boat then go to the nearest port that u can access their shipyard then trade it with the cheapest you will get 6500 - 7000 or more.

Tip: make sure u have maximum crew (60),search in spanish ports so that it will be easier
,the cheapest is a small but fast boat maximum of 60 crew,and DO NOT destroy the spanish galleon.

This will help If you understand it

PepperPete

Reaction score
i found a secret

i was playing around and i dropped my phone and picked it and found force game events, this could be awesome for getting tresure fleets, to do this you click the search or the magnifying glass options on your phone, if you dont want to cheat then you can use a trick, get 120 sailors, capture a trade galleon [ recommended ] and sell it for a pinnace you should still have 120 men with you, rep this and you should be loaded! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jonathan M Murray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
To paraphrase one of the "veteran" players, it's all about knowing what to trade and what to sink. Some general advice:

- Always check all rumors in port. This will inform you about good trading opportunities, but also tell you where to go if you want to rob specific goods (shortages and surpluses means that there is a bigger chance of finding that good on ships in the region).

- Don't attack indiscriminately (i.e., don't piss off everyone - you need a place of refuge) and don't fight ships which have both bigger crews and more cannons than your own (whichever way you choose to fight - make sure you have the advantage). Warships and other pirates are rarely worth the effort, as they are much harder and rarely carry valuable goods. Never fight if you are damaged. Run away and live for another day - don't get cocky. :wink:

- If you are fighting a privateer and losing, don't be afraid to surrender. Better to lose your goods than to get sunk.

- Check the missions. They are often lucrative and can get you quick money.

If you are having trouble understanding the game, do post on the forum. There are guys there who are happy to help, and I appreciate any feedback that can help improve the game (including making it more accessible).

Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
The game sucks at this point and it was a waste of my money. I use to be able to get more than 1 ship. Now I cant even get more than one. How do you expect me to take down villages and all if I cant even gather enough people and ships to take them down. Either your gold edition sucks or your free edition is better.