Pirate Wings => New 3D arcade flight game available

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just want to let you know, that i found in the market a new funny game. Its 12 mb sadly no sd card install. Theres a free trial so check it out.

Tominator

Reaction score
and of course if you have an incredible you WILL NOT find this game in the market...because its coded for the gpu in the moto droid and cant run on the incredibles "gpu"......sucks when new technology gets beat by old

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pretty well designed game. You can see the quality.

But I'm a huge hater of accelerometer controlled games. I just can never get the hang of it.

Well designed game though. I recommend trying out the demo

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
and of course if you have an incredible you WILL NOT find this game in the market...because its coded for the gpu in the moto droid and cant run on the incredibles "gpu"......sucks when new technology gets beat by old

WRONG the incredible has the old technology ;). the droids power vr sgx 530 GPU is twice as fast as the amd z430. that was stated very often. and thats the matter why comapanys has a lot of work to make games run well on snapdragon powered mobiles. its CPU is good. but in games it depends most on the GPU and the amd simply isnt as good as the power vr.

Tominator

Reaction score
How am i wrong? I never said the power VR SGX 530 was worse. The Adreno 200 GPU in the incredible does indeed suck, but what im saying is they could code the games to cope with the incredibles adreno 200 gpu better and use more of the cpu power the incredible has. Raging thunder 2 and exzeus run perfect on the incredible, why not pirate wings?

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the power vr 530 isnt an old technology. And if the games need a fast gpu you cant always push the more work to cpu to solve the problem. Depends on the game engine.

pinballwizard

Reaction score
How am i wrong? I never said the power VR SGX 530 was worse. The Adreno 200 GPU in the incredible does indeed suck, but what im saying is they could code the games to cope with the incredibles adreno 200 gpu better and use more of the cpu power the incredible has. Raging thunder 2 and exzeus run perfect on the incredible, why not pirate wings?

Sore loser mode.

td854

Reaction score
This game looks like it's a good start to a game but there's like... little to no sound effects in game and the accelerometer calibration doesn't work. Sitting here in my chair right now I press "define" and it sets it, then I go into the game and I start hurtling downward. :huh: