Pioneer deh-p6100bt !!!

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by b00mb00mchuck, Apr 12, 2010.

1. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Picked up this pioneer car stereo today and I could write a book about how much I love the way it works with my droid... the bluetooth paired up easily once I got the hang of the controls... and it has awesome range... I had the phone a good 20 feet away from the car while still listening to music (really cool for garage parties)... comes with it's own, wired, remote mic, which I mounted to the visor, and has built in voice dialing after sync with the contact list..... tried all my different media... pandora, cube player, droid live, video and telephone and it all worked great.

Front mount USB input is handy too... maybe for driving with the family in the car.. I can mount the sd card and listen to my music files and when the phone rings it pauses the music and I can answer the call privately on the headset... it also charges the phone no matter what the state of the reciever... on - off - tuner - whatever

Tonight I was running it with the usb cord attached for charging but running the audio thru bluetooth... I could search contacts and place calls with the stereo remote control... end the call... go back to music... search folders on the sdcard and just play that folder... random order, shuffle, and repeat that folder... put the remote down and hit carhome on the touchscreen and navigate... didn't realize the music comes back on when the navigation has nothin to say and then breaks for directions...

I'm sure I haven't figured it all out yet but I'm really impressed with what I had goin on for a few hours tonight....

Found this unit at wal-mart as a clearance item (last years model I think) regular price $262 marked down to $165... best thing I've bought since I got the droid for christmas...

Aloha... Malama Pono... A Hui Hou

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    i want one :shocked:

3. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    And the bad news is... the stereo doesn't have any pink lights on the display... all blue to match my SweeterHome theme... hahaaaaa yeahhh baby!!!

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    #4 Corinacakes, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  5. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    That's nice . I wanted to replace my factory mp3 player with a after-market unit with bluetooth , but it can't be easily replaced , actually as I found out it's almost impossible because if it's removed the car won't start .
    Do you have any recommendation for a bluetooth adapter to a 3.5 jack ?

6. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    It's not a newer model but it is one step above mine with the full blue display... only thing I didn't like about it is... all the inputs are on the back... usb and 3.5mm jack would have to stay plugged in and left hanging in accessable area for use... I like to change cables way to often for that kind of setup... new cables are my OCD

7. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know about a good adapter but what is the make/model/year of your car?? Might have an answer for that lockout... I work with an install shop that has all the books on that stuff...

Search tags for this page
deh- 6100 bt firmware update
deh-p6100bt
deh-p6100bt firmware

deh-p6100bt software update

how to pair pioneer deh-p6100bt
how to use bluetooth from samsung galaxy s3 to pioneer p6100
pioneer deh-p6100bt
pioneer deh-p6100bt firmware
pioneer deh-p6100bt firmware update
pioneer deh-p6100bt software update