Pioneer 9800BT Stutters

GoBears

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a Pioneer BT head unit in their vehicle that they stream audio to? If so, do you experience any stutters/skips during playback? I am currently on 5.7.893 and the stutters are still present. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as it would be almost as cheap to get a different phone than it would my head unit. Any comments are welcome (except wait for Razr ones).

GoBears

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Are you streaming bluetooth? Does it happen with pandora and youtube or are you just trying to play mp3's off your memory card.. try moving some tracks to internal sd rather than ext sd.. that helped my saved videos stop the stutters

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Oops sorry I wasn't more specific. I am streaming Pandora/Slacker and occasionaly my own tunes. Sadly they all stutter like once or twice or more per song. Streaming over bt is VERY important to me. If the update doesn't fix this, the Bionic has to go. Before anyone mentions wifi yup its turned off. My Eris, D2, DX and iDon't all streamed perfectly even while using Google navigation. I already got Big Red to authorize an early upgrade just in case the update fails and the GNex drops.

HorsePony

Reaction score
Our stereo was stolen from our car here in Chicago about two months ago.
Wasn't anything fancy about it.
I went to Best Buy to get something cheap and doable (it's an older car, nothing fancy needed).
Ended up finding the stereo below at Best Buy at a REALLY good "open box" price of $65.
"Dual" is by far no brand to shout about, but like I said...just needed a quick replacement. Nice thing about it was its Bluetooth capability. Wouldn't ya know it, I have a Bionic with a Spotify app that doesn't quit! So I ended up getting the stereo, hook up with Bluetooth was easy as pie and damn, I am pretty darn impressed! As for stuttering, there is NONE. Streams perfectly.
Just saying...I'm typically an Alpine guy, so I like quality, especially when it comes to music. But I really have NO complaints with this stereo.

Dual - 50W x 4 Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash Deck with Built-In HD Radio - XHD6430

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Love the Avatar bro! Those Bears looked real good on Sunday. It's definitely an incompatibility with my stereo. The problem is that I already spent too much money on this phone and accessories, I'm not spending any more to fix issues that shouldn't be there. I've already tested my friends Rezound and no problems with that. I just have my fingers crossed for this update.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Maybe you got a bad bionic and not necessarily bionic is a bad pnone... mine streams 100 % perfect all the time and i can walk pretty far away from the car to my tool room without any dropouts or stutters... wifi on... pioneer deck

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. I bought my Bionic off third party so I can't return it unless Moto has a warranty on it. Honestly I gave this phone all the chances that I'm going to. After the OTA if any problems remain it just has to go before I smash it and can't sell it lol.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I have the 9800BT and have no issues streaming music (mp3, pandor, slacker, etc.) From my D1, D2, or GNex. Could be an issue with the phone if other phones work fine.

P.s. - I found this thread while Googling for a tutorial on replacing the motorized face plate ribbon in the 9800BT lol. If your face plate starts being unresponsive or goes blank, I can almost guarantee you this is the cause ;)