Pink for Christmas thanks to Big Blue

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This time of year is stressful enough with all the hustle and bustle. People trying to grab last minute gifts, prepare the house for guests, and try and make this time special.

Well Big Blue is not helping with the stress as they are handing out stocking stuffers in the form of pink slips. And the question being asked is all the the bonuses and with companies talking about how they will save with the new tax plan, how are they still having to lay people off.

Though I don't like what the carriers do in the form of their business practices I don't want to see people losing their jobs.

AT&T announces thousands of layoffs, firings just in time for Christmas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The timing does suck, I mean it's never a good time to be layed off, but the landline division has to be struggling big time. How many people have a land line anymore? Very few people under the age of 50 that I know still have a land line and those that do have a reason to keep it. If they were smart, they would have dropoed land line prices dramatically a few years back, because over $50.00 for a landline is ridiculous, at $20.00 I'd consider it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I read in another article that a lot of those laid off were directv installers. at$t has been pushing directv streaming so it is really not much of a surprised there.

I have not had a landline in almost 15 years. It is really not needed anymore so at$t must reinvent itself.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read in another article that a lot of those laid off were directv installers. at$t has been pushing directv streaming so it is really not much of a surprised there.

I have not had a landline in almost 15 years. It is really not needed anymore so at$t must reinvent itself.
That's a good point that I missed posting. Thanks.

This brings the question if streaming is killing satellite.

Remember when Sirius and XM were the thing and yet it found itself looking up to Pandora and Slacker. Now the Google play music, Apple music, and Spotify are out in front. Tech moves so fast.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
tech is moving fast. as far as streaming killing satellites, yes and no. satellite service is still needed in the rural areas where cable or dsl is not available. It soon may disappear in cities and towns especially since it is being bundled with other services.