Pinch Zoom

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
I am curious to know how much people are actually using Pinch zoom in Maps. I find myself Tap zooming more and sometimes pinching to zoom out. I think it lags to much when doing the pinch zoom to really focus in on one place.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Old habit (former iPhone user) so I pinch. I imagine I will pinch with the 2.1 browser as well.

Mike

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
It is a little laggy at first for me too. When I wait for it to load in the background then I pinch zoom. If im in a hurry I will just tap the thing until it says no more zoom levels.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I used it once then went back to tapping. Thanks for the background loading tip DROIDMASTER. I will try that, maybe it will make pinching worthwhile.

iPirate

Reaction score
I still tap. I never had one of those :iphone: other phones though.

lmapp

Reaction score
Tap with the maps, tap with 2.1 browser. Maps seems to have a quirky stutter when I use the pinch zoom/expand. The browser works fine, but I prefer the tap. I had an ipod touch before I had a droid, and I still prefer tap.

eliassami5

Reaction score
tapping 99% of the time..i actually forgot that there was pinch to zoom so when i realized that i tried it out..then went back to tapping lol. Seems kinda silly to put down whatever i have in my other hand to zoom, when i can simply do it with the hand my phone is in.

iPirate

Reaction score
While on the topic of pinch zoom, I was comparing the iphone's maps to Droid's and when I was on the iphone I kept zooming in and zooming and it looked like crap when you get close, while the Droid keeps it crisp until you can't zoom in anymore.

:motdroidvert::)

drewshaver

Reaction score
interesting hearing so much about laggy/stuttering. i don't get that at all (OCed to 950) guess it really does make a difference.

btw i hate how you can't anchor pinch zoom, ie place thumb down, then index, then slide index. what happens is the thumb pulls up the address. sometimes i feel like the smarties at google are really dumb.

also, i want pin zoom! best of tap + pinch

Adlerson

Reaction score
I got used to pinching on my (ex) iPhone, and now can't imagine living without it. I find it much easier, quicker and more accurate than tapping.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
interesting hearing so much about laggy/stuttering. i don't get that at all (OCed to 950) guess it really does make a difference.

I had some weird lag myself, till somebody here mentioned it's better with auto-fit off!