1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pinch to zoom in google maps.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bradford88, Mar 14, 2010.

1. bradford88

bradford88 New Member

I couldn't help but noticing that when I'm in Google maps, I can pinch to zoom. I'm not rooted yet and I'm on 2.0.1. I was certain that there was none until the 2.1 update i was just wondering if anyone else knows about this. I've read a lot in this forum about people cant wait for 2.1 for pinch to zoom in maps.

oh yes.. i'm using a motorola droid 2.0.1 on VZW
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah pinch zoom functionalities were released as a simple update from the Market for the Maps app
  3. nohm

nohm New Member

I was the opposite of you. I got my 2.0.1 Droid last week and was ready to check out the multi-touch function for Google Maps (news which was widely publicized on tech sites weeks before). When the Maps app wouldn't respond to the pinch-and-zoom gesture, I got bummed out and thought my phone was defective, but little did I know that the app wasn't updated to begin with. Now, I make sure all my apps are up to date via the market. :icon_ banana:
  4. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

For some weird reason, I check for app updates every day... Need something better to do (as long as it not involve checking for 2.1 update).
Search tags for this page

android webview google maps pinch zoom

can u pinch and zoom with google maps using phonegap

gmap pinchzoom javascript

map pinch to zoom phonegap