pinch and zoom multi touch

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dcypher, Nov 8, 2009.

  1. rah5024

    rah5024 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    California
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what i know the droid eris has multi touch on the browser so i dont get the whole it being an apple thing...
     
  2. leetbumble

    leetbumble Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    58
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is just a matter of adding the feature to the browser. Ive seen a test mod of a browser with multi touch. It will get pushed out and apple will lose yet another selling point.
     
  3. falkien

    falkien New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend has the Eris and multitouch works on it's browser.
     
  4. RosarioM

    RosarioM Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    New York, NY
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get what the big deal is... double click is fine and works much better one handed.

    Also, I recall a video on Microsoft Surface (years before the iPhone) that features pinch zoom.

    As far as the patents, the answer is simple. Google buys Palm (Palm is on it's way to a quick bankruptcy anyway) and in addition to holding all those cool handheld patents, also gets some former Apple UI people and WebOS to further enhance the Android platform.
     
  5. TEXASMADE1978

    TEXASMADE1978 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. BSmith

    BSmith Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    561 / 910
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personal preference my man. Just because some don't like it doesn't mean none of us should have it. ;)
     
  7. RosarioM

    RosarioM Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    New York, NY
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree we should have it if the hardware is capable. I just can't stand the ifanboys pointing to multitouch as some major flaw in the Droid.
     
  8. Lafond

    Lafond Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I would hate not having pinch to zoom in the browser (being used to Apple's solution), but to be honest it's sooo much better to double tap. I do 80% of my browsing 1 handed and the Apple software double tap positions the 'block' of what you want to view in the center of the screen. A standard 2x zoom on a double tap is MUCH better. That said, I would like to have the option to do both for the other 20% when I do browse with 2 hands.

    Multitouch for everything else should be a given. Don't see why multitouch on everything else was left out.
     
  9. microbolt

    microbolt New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its trivial to enable pinch to zoom as soon as the droid is rooted. I know exactly where the settings is. As soon as the droid is rooted there will be a writeup showing how to turn it on ;)
     
  10. xndzizz

    xndzizz New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure this is true? Don't applications have to have coding that makes use of the multitouch capabilities?
     
  11. hakeem

    hakeem New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are two lines in the build.prop file coming from the GSM version of the Droid that specify whether multitouch is turned on and how many simultaneous touches should be registered. It will be interesting to see what they do once we have root and can add them to our own prop file.
     
  12. NBAJWill55

    NBAJWill55 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHEN ARE THEY COMING???? I can't wait much longer!!!
     
Search tags for this page

android disable double tap zoom

,
android dolphin double click
,
android double- tabs fingers to zoom
,
android pinch to zoom disabled
,
android turn off one finger zoom
,

enable pinch to zoom android

,
galaxy s3 multi touch zoom enable
,
how to activate zoom on sndroid
,
how to turn off double tap zoom on android