PIN wont work after creating backup and rebooting

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by baaldemon, Dec 21, 2010.

1. baaldemon

baaldemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I installed 0.6 and got things setup and working how I like, I decided to to make a backup at that point. I went through and made the backup and rebooted as normal, got to the pin entry screen and it would not accept the valid pin as being valid. Before if I remember right after 10 failed attempts it would allow me to enter in my google password and take me in, however after every 5 times it just made me wait 30 seconds and then allowed me to continue trying, never prompting me to enter in my password and never allowing me to regain access to my system.

Is this a known issue, did the system get corrupted during the backup? I now restored back to 0.5, but I guess is there anyhope of getting that backup it took of 0.6 to work correctly, or do I need to just get rid of it and start from scratch?

2. mickeyb1ueeyes

mickeyb1ueeyes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Valid PIN Stopped Working

Almost the same problem. I have my work email set up on my OG Droid, which I had set up early this morning after upgrading to 0.6 last night. Work email requires a PIN. I've been using the same PIN for months and I have been able to use it to access my Droid all morning.

After sensing some issues with the battery percentage (because BB ROMs are SO awesome with batteries usually), I though I would reset battery stats and run it dead to start fresh. I booted to Clockwork recovery (using ROM Manager), reset battery stats, and rebooted. After boot, my PIN did not work. After 3 careful, precise attempts, I though forcing a reboot (battery pull) would wake up my Droid. Once rebooted again, two "failed" attempts resulted in the device restarting factory fresh with all my changes since last night's upgrade to 0.6 gone.

I've restored my pre-upgrade 0.5 backup.

This happened to me once, several months ago... but I don't remember which ROM I was trying out or what the sequence of events led to it.

Does anyone know what would cause Android to just stop recognizing a valid PIN?

Thanks,
    Mickey

3. baaldemon

baaldemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded and reinstalled 0.6 and haven't had the issue again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Did you guys by any chance use TiBu to restore [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage 2.2.1 in a batch restore of Restore missing apps + all system? If so, that's been known to cause the PIN failure you're seeing, after a reboot. If you use a PIN, it's best to uncheck that item before you do the batch restore.

5. baaldemon

baaldemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I used TiBu.... interesting though since I did the same thing in both cases. Also I still had to manually reenter my PIN after doing a batch backup then batch restore... Ill keep that in mind next time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. mickeyb1ueeyes

mickeyb1ueeyes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also used TiBU. Lesson learned. :)

Search tags for this page
android backup system wont take my pin... why?
android pin not accepted
backup assistant is not recognizing my pin
backup assistant won't accept pin
backup assistant wont accept my pin code

backup assistant wont recognize pin

droid 4 reboots after pin
droid razr not accepting pin
pin wont work on droid
verizon backup assistant not accepting pin