Pictures will not save

raw57

Reaction score
The other day my phone stopped saving pictures. There is a gray box in place of the picture. I have tried downloading 3rd party camera apps but they did not resolve the issue. I hate to do it, but would a factory reset resolve the issue or is there a simple solution? The phone is stock.

Thanks in advance for any help.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many pictures do you already have?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

raw57

Reaction score
281 pictures. I should mention that it is still taking video. The problem is only with the pictures.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Are you saving them to the SD card or internal memory? You might be out of room.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Motorola firmware doesn't really support saving photos to the phone's internal memory. He also stated that it still records video, so free space isn't an issue.

Try moving the photos to your PC and see if the problem persists.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Motorola firmware doesn't really support saving photos to the phone's internal memory. He also stated that it still records video, so free space isn't an issue.

Try moving the photos to your PC and see if the problem persists.

Of course it does, on your camera app under settings you can choose the storage location. Either SD card or "internal storage" which is the media partition of your memory.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe on the D2G it can't but just checked on my bionic and it is possible.

406c70c8-9ee0-cc84.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
rck76, I know that it's possible on DROID3, X2, Bionic, and RAZR.

However, I'm unsure whether JohnnytheK noticed that this subforum is about the DROID2 GLOBAL, which doesn't have (and never had) a /media partition. My response was to point out his mistake as I use a DROID2 GLOBAL myself, and would certainly know if it had such an option.

On the D2G, and it has been discussed multiple times, internal memory can only be used for apps (and their normal data) as all excess space is mounted under /data.

Should I in the future additionally explicitly specify “this is only related to X, while not related to Y” in every single post when posting in a device subforum? I was perfectly sure that if I'm posting in the D2G subforum, it's by default about the D2G, not DROID X2 or Bionic?

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

However, I'm unsure whether JohnnytheK noticed that this subforum is about the DROID2 GLOBAL, which doesn't have (and never had) a /media partition. My response was to point out his mistake as I use a DROID2 GLOBAL myself, and would certainly know if it had such an option.

On the D2G, and it has been discussed multiple times, internal memory can only be used for apps (and their normal data) as all excess space is mounted under /data.

Should I in the future additionally explicitly specify “this is only related to X, while not related to Y” in every single post when posting in a device subforum? I was perfectly sure that if I'm posting in the D2G subforum, it's by default about the D2G, not DROID X2 or Bionic?

Yep, sorry just noticed "D2" my bad. In the future I'll verify what forum I'm in before I give any advice.

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree with you 100% and come to think about it, I don't think it could be done on the D1 either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
R

raw57

Reaction score
It seems that things are just being buggy. It started working again although I did nothing.

OP
R

raw57

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who tried to help. Sorry to have wasted your time.

pondfrogs

Reaction score
my photos have been doing the same thing past few days.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums