Pictures not coming up in Gallery....

MadManKJRob

Reaction score
I do not know if this issue has been adressed or not, but I do have a possible solution to the this problem for yhose users who are just joing the forum, or peeking around just now having this issue. I am running Froyo 2.21 and the issue is (was) that one day I was able to look at pics and go through my gallery, and the next day, all of the sudden, POOF! Gone!...(Well according to the Gallery App they were.)
Panic ensued, of course. I immediatly ran here to look around on this site. There were a ton of helpful suggestions, and what not. I was able to fish for my pictures on my SD Card with success (thank you Droid Forums), but I still wondered why they were not being picked up by the Gallery. I cleared the CoolIris cache, actually deleted the DCIM folder, Fixed permissions, removed battery, even went and Nandroid recovered and still couldn't get the Gallery to work right....it would not pic up any of my old pics, or refresh. I then said screw the Gallery and went to the market and looked up (Picture Viewers). I found a very highly rated app called "QuikPic" by some Aliensw something or another. But yeah, QuickPic is the app. I fired up the App, and still did not see my picture folder, but there were preview pics for roms files. I touched the menu area, and saw an option for "Show hidden files" I touched that option, and my camera folder popped right up, but was greyed out. Weird. I held my thumb down on the greyed Camera folder, and a menu box came up with the option to Unhide this folder. I chose "Unhide" and all of the grey turned to white. I was curious, and went back into my gallery, and sure enough, every picture came right back up, like nothing ever happened. Unbelieveable! But it works. I don't care how, as long as it does. It seems like something in the Droid software commanded this Camera folder to Hide itself, and exclude it from cacheing or refreshing. Weird. But it works, and I am glad, and I hope this helps others with the same issue. Now, onto the Droid Bionic......dancedroid

OP
M

MadManKJRob

Reaction score
Oh, correction...not "Show hidden Files" it was "Show hidden Items"

harrellj

Reaction score
Probably hard to check now, but was there a file called .nomedia in your hidden folder?

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
M

MadManKJRob

Reaction score
When I checked the Camera folder using my pc, I did not see .nomedia....unless it itself was hidden out of view in windows. Was this another file or property that could have caused this to happen?

harrellj

Reaction score
Yeah, .nomedia is a file you can put into a folder and it tells the OS to not scan that folder for media (pictures/music/etc). Helpful for keeping things like game files from appearing in the gallery.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

anony2004

Reaction score
I do not know if this issue has been adressed or not, but I do have a possible solution to the this problem for yhose users who are just joing the forum, or peeking around just now having this issue. I am running Froyo 2.21 and the issue is (was) that one day I was able to look at pics and go through my gallery, and the next day, all of the sudden, POOF! Gone!...(Well according to the Gallery App they were.)
Panic ensued, of course. I immediatly ran here to look around on this site. There were a ton of helpful suggestions, and what not. I was able to fish for my pictures on my SD Card with success (thank you Droid Forums), but I still wondered why they were not being picked up by the Gallery. I cleared the CoolIris cache, actually deleted the DCIM folder, Fixed permissions, removed battery, even went and Nandroid recovered and still couldn't get the Gallery to work right....it would not pic up any of my old pics, or refresh. I then said screw the Gallery and went to the market and looked up (Picture Viewers). I found a very highly rated app called "QuikPic" by some Aliensw something or another. But yeah, QuickPic is the app. I fired up the App, and still did not see my picture folder, but there were preview pics for roms files. I touched the menu area, and saw an option for "Show hidden files" I touched that option, and my camera folder popped right up, but was greyed out. Weird. I held my thumb down on the greyed Camera folder, and a menu box came up with the option to Unhide this folder. I chose "Unhide" and all of the grey turned to white. I was curious, and went back into my gallery, and sure enough, every picture came right back up, like nothing ever happened. Unbelieveable! But it works. I don't care how, as long as it does. It seems like something in the Droid software commanded this Camera folder to Hide itself, and exclude it from cacheing or refreshing. Weird. But it works, and I am glad, and I hope this helps others with the same issue. Now, onto the Droid Bionic......dancedroid

Well, can't thank you enough for this great fix!