Pictures disappearing!

Reaction score
My pictures that i take with my camera keep disappearing from the phone. Images are still on the card when i connect to my computer, but phone wont see them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

garath

Reaction score
Need a lot more info. What apps have you installed, have you added any directories, etc. Is it just the gallery they aren't showing up on? Can you view them with the Files app?

OP
ManifestDestiny
Reaction score
Thanks garath. I found them in the files app in the dcim folder so it is just the gallery that they aren't showing up in. I did d add a "Video" directory for dragging and dropping videos, should I delete this directory? I've installed a few apps like isyncr for mac, beautiful widgets, and ringdroid but my wife also has these same apps installed and does not have this issue.

bitter

Reaction score
Did you ever find the solution to this? Its happening to me now.

bitter

Reaction score
Not that I know of. Everything was there until today.

Rebycman

Reaction score
My DroidX is doing this too. I noticed some of the pictures were replaced by music album art so I uninstalled itag app. Luckily I had backed up the images/videos so I can just replace the files but I still am looking for a cause for this.

joshjunior

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night. They're stored in a emmc folder on the root of my SD. BUT IT'S not showing in my gallery

Last edited:

MileHighDad

Reaction score
I had the same problem and solved it by formatting the SD card (Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > click Unmount SD card > Format SD Card)

WARNING: Obviously you will lose all data on the SD card, so you might copy everything from the SD card to you PC before formatting the SD card.

I use DejaOffice and Companionlink to sync with Outlook. After I formatted the SD card, Companionlink saw there was no Contact/Task data in Dejaoffice and deleted all my data in Outlook! If you use Companionlink, consider using the "Purge and Reload" feature (make sure you read the help first.)

bobthebob

Reaction score
very annoying - has happened to me twice now.
pretty unacceptable.
and not a peep from Motorola about this?
this is the SD card that came with the phone - it SHOULD ALREADY be formatted correctly for chrissake.

Karlac

Reaction score
My pictures that i take with my camera keep disappearing from the phone. Images are still on the card when i connect to my computer, but phone wont see them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Number of folks are having this problem since Froyo. Go to link below, sign up, and complain. The more who do so, the quicker we might get this acknowledged and fixed.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/36278?tstart=0