Pictures Disappearing

tonyfodel

Reaction score
I've been having a very annoying problem lately. I often put many pictures on the MicroSD card in my phone and recently, many of these pictures have been randomly deleted. For example, there were 201 pictures on my card the other day and I checked my gallery and there were only 50. When I connected my phone to the computer, the card showed only 50 photos. This means that, not only were my pictures not being shown in the gallery, but they were also being completely deleted from the card. However, the available storage space did not seem to reflect the fact that 151 pictures were removed from the card. This problem has happened more than once. I have a class 2 MicroSDHC Sandisk card in my Droid Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EuroDriver

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with my wife's Droid Incredible. I took the phone back and the CSR confirmed they were aware of the issue occurring on occasion. They attempted with some super-duper file transfer gadget they had, but to no avail.

I downloaded a free recovery program called File Scavenger which managed to recover a fragment of the video clip we lost. Unfortunately in our case, the recovered file was unusable, but hopefully you can have better luck.

OP
T

tonyfodel

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with my wife's Droid Incredible. I took the phone back and the CSR confirmed they were aware of the issue occurring on occasion. They attempted with some super-duper file transfer gadget they had, but to no avail.

I downloaded a free recovery program called File Scavenger which managed to recover a fragment of the video clip we lost. Unfortunately in our case, the recovered file was unusable, but hopefully you can have better luck.
Thanks for the response. It's not a problem anymore because I don't put a lot of pictures on it now but it sure was a problem when I did.

DroidToro

Reaction score
There is a known bug where if you create a file call '.nomedia' that android starts deleting pics

Sent from my DROID PRO