pictures and wifi question

uhm781

Reaction score
is it possible to send a picture over wifi or do I need to turn on my data every time I Want to send someone s picture message

I am sending this message from my galaxy nexus and can't believe it finally came out :-D

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
any one ?

I am sending this message from my galaxy nexus and can't believe it finally came out :-D

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Pictures messages usually automatically trigger 3g or 4g on to send the message so it requires no user intervention. Am I answering ur question?

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
kinda lol. whenever I am using wifi and try to send a picture it just doesn't send until I turn on my data?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've sent pictures while connected to wifi many times, via MMS.

I'm not sure if it temporarily turns on data to send it, but it's worked everytime.

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
maybe I'm just impatient lol

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
is it possible to send a picture over wifi or do I need to turn on my data every time I Want to send someone s picture message

you can always use email to send a picture message to a phone number. on verizon it's [email protected]

Reaction score
I gotta say though you may just have to try and try again. Mine will often just lag to the point of having to delete and resend. On my old Droid X and on the Nexus its spotty at best. Wifi on or off. 3g or 4g. Handcent or stock messenger. It just feels like texting is a old system that is way past its prime.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums