pictures and texting

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
in order to send or receive pics via texting my wifi has to be off. is this normal? i'm using handscent.

tia

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I've not had that happen to me... I would suggest UN installing handsent and rebooting then reinstall...
If you still have issues, try "go sms" and see if you are good... I have switched for good personally... If that didn't work either? Then imho, time for factory reset...
After which, don't restore a backup but rather, install fresh and find the conflicting app...
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
For me wifi stays and 3g comes on momentarily for the sending, receiving I do over wifi only it doesn't change it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I just discovered that sometimes I get the 3G or 4G icons up top in addition to the wifi bars. When this happens pictures up and download properly. When I only have the wifi bars in the notification area, text pictures do neither. I'm thinking it's related to the known dropped data issue which I've been having (I'm leaning toward this being a 3G/4G switching problem). Wish they'd push at least this fix out sooner than November.