Picture Useage

charlton

Reaction score
Any info on picture downloading and sending. Can you import pictures Directly from a digital camera to the Droid ?

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
Could you rephrase your question? Not sure I understand. To download your pictures from your camera you would need a connection between your droid and your camera, but when hooked up to the USB port the droid basically acts like an external USB drive, so if you can put your pics from your camera to an external USB drive then you can put them on your droid as well. Myself, my digital camera pictures go from the camera, to my PC, then onto the droid if I want them there. More often than not I just take the picture with the Droid anyway though.

Sending you have a lot of options, messaging, email, picasa, USB, bluetooth...your options on ways to share will change depending what apps you have installed. From the Gallery, open a picture, hit the menu button at the bottom, choose share, and see the list of options available to you. Mine looks like this:
CAP201003031503.jpg

OP
C

charlton

Reaction score
picture transfer

thanks for the reply.
to re-phrase, I will be on a motorcycle trip this coming summer and want to take pictures with a digital camera and directly transfer them to the droid so I can send them to facebook or another web site. Most digital cameras will connect with a computer via a usb cable but I need to connect the droid directly. The camera does not have the same usb 'jack' as a computer. So, do I need to find a cable with a mini usb end on BOTH ends ?
thanks

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
Ahh, I got it. Yes, you would need a cable that would go between your phone and your camera. For me personally that would be a micro (droid) to mini (cannon camera) cable. Looks like ebay should be able to help you out with the cables or at least an adapter to make that part of it work.

I think the larger question is if you can mount your camera as a drive on the droid to enable the copying of pictures...and I don't know the answer to that. I'm guessing it can be done, but may require root to browse the camera directory? I've posted the question in the general area to see if someone else knows:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../27307-can-camera-mounted-external-drive.html

What kind of bike you taking and where you going? I love moto trips!!! :)

Last edited: