Picture texts won't download

skankr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently got my wife the Facinate. She loves the phone. One issue she has with the phone is that sometines when she recieves a picture text, it continually says downloading and won't load the pic. Does anyone have any suggestions with this issue.

Vyvid

Reaction score
I was told it was one of the issues with the update. Sometimes a reset helps. (remove battery then put it back in and power back up)

Sent from my phone. That's Incredible 2!

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I started have this same issue was on3.5.1 flashed 3.5.0 and it started working again.

ED01 EVIL FASCINATION V 3.5.0
OTB-RELOADED v1.5 oc 1.3 mhz

nuch14150

Reaction score
I had the same problem and went to verizon. We do a factory reset. No dice. I use Go Sms message app. and it works fine. Still dont know the original problem though.

Lastdaze

Reaction score
You can change your message settings from auto retrieve and manually dl them as they come. Mine was doing the same thing but usually if I had my data turned off or no 3g signal

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

smithpbridget

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I changed my setting off of auto receive and restarted my phone. Still can't get pics to download and im very aggravated.

ponygirl22

Reaction score
Since the 2.2 update on 6/15 I've not been able to send or receive pix msgs. I've taken the battery out, I've done *228... nothing helps. :(

TBV

Reaction score
My wife and I were having the same problem...cleared the cache on downloaded apps, cleared out the email folders (sent and deleted), cleared out a number of text threads that were there for no reason and those that had upwards of 20 + text messages, and then did *228 option #2 (updates roaming data for phone to/from towers).

Solved the issue immediately. TBV

kramer56

Reaction score
My wife and I were having the same problem...cleared the cache on downloaded apps, cleared out the email folders (sent and deleted), cleared out a number of text threads that were there for no reason and those that had upwards of 20 + text messages, and then did *228 option #2 (updates roaming data for phone to/from towers).

Thats bs tho, why should we have to go thru all that if verizon flubs it all up then they should send another update to fix their mistakes, my wife has been going thru this since may and it really pisses me off. I am going to have to call them cuz i think its a network issue since incredible does the same thing only hers wont send or recieve any pics or fwds. *228 fixed it for about 3 days.

TBV

Reaction score

Thats bs tho, why should we have to go thru all that if verizon flubs it all up then they should send another update to fix their mistakes, my wife has been going thru this since may and it really pisses me off. I am going to have to call them cuz i think its a network issue since incredible does the same thing only hers wont send or recieve any pics or fwds. *228 fixed it for about 3 days.

It is definitely expected that your wireless carrier provide you the most reliable network that it can (and market that it does) in accordance with the contract or pre-pay the two parties have agreed to, and if they are not delivering in your area for whatever reason or your phone is a lemon, you certainly have grounds to gripe.

With that being said, when it comes down to the advanced mobile devices that we're carrying around and calling phones, something that I go into knowing when I am buying is that:

These are computers...every now and then , the memory needs to be cleared out and the device soft-reset. (within reason of course)...

My phone is about 11 months old. I try to keep the text threads and their volume of replies to a moderate amount, the emails folders relatively clean, and I soft-reset maybe once every two months or sometimes longer, with having done one hard-reset after the 2.2 update. TBV