1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

picture question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NoTechGeek, Jul 24, 2011.

1. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

hello to all, new here. just got my droid2 global and I am not familiar yet with it. I want to move some pics from my computer onto the droid but rather than do something to screw it up I thought I'd ask the question of how to do it. I am fairly tech saavy but I am also 68 years old so I have learned to ask before just jumping in. Thanks to any of you that care to respond.

Ray
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

3. christim

christim Super Moderator

If you only have a couple and don't have a cable handy you can always just email them to yourself too. Knowing how to navigate the card on the phone helps, whether by using a file manager like Astro or another. On my D1 pictures are stored in dcim when I take them with the camera but I've also gone and created a media folder that has pics and video folders below that.
  4. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

first let me say thanks for the quick replies. My problem right now is after reading your replies and trying to follow them I am getting a message that says there is no sd card installed. But there is an 8 gig card in the phone that came with it. Also, when trying to find the usb settings in the drop down menu, there is no heading for usb. I just removed the sd card and reinstalled it. After powering up the phone the card was recognized and prepared but it still says there is no card installed when I try to follow your instructions.

Ray
  5. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

got it!!

Ok, just to let you know, I figured it out. I had to go into a usb screen and change how the media card was to be used. I'm not sure why but it seems that I have to change it whenever I want to do something different. Anyway, I was able to move a couple of pics and videos onto my phone so I guess all is well with the world. Lot's to learn here. Thanks again,

Ray
  6. Hawaiian Princess

Lol u know what, I used to email it to myself!

ALOHA from Hawaii
  7. Hawaiian Princess

I just ready to reply. glad it worked for u but depending on the pic/video size it may not be able to view/play on ur device. hope it does thou.

ALOHA from Hawaii