picture question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NoTechGeek, Jul 24, 2011.

1. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello to all, new here. just got my droid2 global and I am not familiar yet with it. I want to move some pics from my computer onto the droid but rather than do something to screw it up I thought I'd ask the question of how to do it. I am fairly tech saavy but I am also 68 years old so I have learned to ask before just jumping in. Thanks to any of you that care to respond.

Ray
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +13
  3. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    If you only have a couple and don't have a cable handy you can always just email them to yourself too. Knowing how to navigate the card on the phone helps, whether by using a file manager like Astro or another. On my D1 pictures are stored in dcim when I take them with the camera but I've also gone and created a media folder that has pics and video folders below that.
  4. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    first let me say thanks for the quick replies. My problem right now is after reading your replies and trying to follow them I am getting a message that says there is no sd card installed. But there is an 8 gig card in the phone that came with it. Also, when trying to find the usb settings in the drop down menu, there is no heading for usb. I just removed the sd card and reinstalled it. After powering up the phone the card was recognized and prepared but it still says there is no card installed when I try to follow your instructions.

Ray
  5. NoTechGeek

NoTechGeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    got it!!

Ok, just to let you know, I figured it out. I had to go into a usb screen and change how the media card was to be used. I'm not sure why but it seems that I have to change it whenever I want to do something different. Anyway, I was able to move a couple of pics and videos onto my phone so I guess all is well with the world. Lot's to learn here. Thanks again,

Ray
  6. Hawaiian Princess

Ratings:
    +13
    Lol u know what, I used to email it to myself!

ALOHA from Hawaii
  7. Hawaiian Princess

Ratings:
    +13
    I just ready to reply. glad it worked for u but depending on the pic/video size it may not be able to view/play on ur device. hope it does thou.

ALOHA from Hawaii