Picture Messaging Problems

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
I guess no one has a comment. I am really irritated about this problem. My brother has an envy3 from verizon and he can send picture messages flawlessly in extended network right here in the room as me. I just don't understand how the droid can't do this and the envy3 can.

JayMonster

Reaction score
It is not about the phone (per se), it is about what the towers allows to be sent (you are not on the VZW network at this point. I trust you did dial *228 and updated your roaming capabilities on your phone... right?

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
As far as I know yes. I activated my phone just yesterday and it said programming successful.

ktruba

Reaction score
I don't know on the droid because I haven't come across the issue YET, but on any previous phone I had with verizon messaging was pretty much not possible for me in "Extended Network" or even when it was just "1x".

Eventually I could get texts out, but never had luck with picture messages. Only works for me when I have 3G or before when I had "EV-DO"

Just my two cents...

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
Yeah its very weird. I am in 3G coverage. My brother has an envy3 and doesn't get 3G and still can send em. I have no idea what's going on.

dvanlinton

Reaction score
samne here im having that same problem with my lg ally brand new phone.. i cant send pictures i did it once when i send a whole bunch of the same pictures one of the went through.. i dont know what the problem may be..

RehoGuy0512

Reaction score
LG Ally picture messaging problems

I have had my Ally for about 3 weeks now....I have another line on my account that is using the HTC Droid Eris....we are not able to sent pics back and forth....After several calls to Verizon tech support, they've come to the conclusion that the Droid and the Ally are not able to send pictures back and forth because the phones are "incompatible" and that I'll basically have to live with it, as they have no idea how to fix it, or how long it may take. Anybody else having these problems???

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have had my Ally for about 3 weeks now....I have another line on my account that is using the HTC Droid Eris....we are not able to sent pics back and forth....After several calls to Verizon tech support, they've come to the conclusion that the Droid and the Ally are not able to send pictures back and forth because the phones are "incompatible" and that I'll basically have to live with it, as they have no idea how to fix it, or how long it may take. Anybody else having these problems???

This makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. How are you sending the pictures back and forth... via MMS? Neither phone should have a problem with pictures per se. I am not familiar with all the features of the Ally, but if it supports GIF (well animated GIF images) well that is a problem for most Android based phones since animated GIF images are not part of the base Android system. But a regular picture? No there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to send pictures from one phone to the other, and the rep telling you that was simply brushing you off because he(she) was clueless.

RehoGuy0512

Reaction score
That's what I thought JayMonster, but Verizon tells me that all Eris and Ally phones are having this problem. When a pic is taken with the Eris and sent to my Ally, i get an error message saying "Message Expired or Not Available" and I have been dealing with this since I got the phone, and I have spend endless hours on the phone with tech support, and nobody has been able to resolve this issue. I pay them over 200 a month, and this is the crappy service that I get in return.....I'm more than angry right now

JayMonster

Reaction score
Two things you can try. 1st, try dialing *228 and choosing option 2 (update phone programming), try on one or both phones.

Try reducing the size of the image before sending it.

Which messaging app are you using to send your MMS message? If using the one that comes with the Eris, perhaps try one from the market like Handcent or ChompSMS and see if that clears it up (OK, that is 3 things).

There is no reason this should be happening and is most definitely not an "incapatible phone" issue. Let me know how you make out.

clechien

Reaction score
same problem

I also get the message has expired or is not available when my daughter sends pic from another droid phone