picture messaging help!

uhm781

Reaction score
whenever I receive a picture message it won't download :/ anyone know why

I am sending this message from my galaxy nexus and can't believe it finally came out :-D

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
and whenever I try to send one akk it says is sending and won't send

I am sending this message from my galaxy nexus and can't believe it finally came out :-D

Nick D

Reaction score
Are you using the stock Messaging app or something else? I am having a similar problem with Handcent. I found out yesterday that someone was trying to send me a picture and I wasn't receiving them, I did however receive regular text. I have the stock app disabled. What I ended up doing was to reactivate the stock app & now I receive picture messages on both. It is weird, I don't know what is causing the glitch. If you are having problems with the stock app then I am not sure.

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
yup I'm just using the normal texting on the phone

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
and I had them send the picture to my Gmail and I can view the picture fine. this is kinda irratating bug I'm hoping in January the update fixes this????

CJLee89

Reaction score
I have had this issue too. It seems like the stock messaging app will not send pictures over wifi (like it should). I switched to mobile data and i can recieve and send just fine.

Also, all third party apps depend on the stock app for MMS messages.

OP
uhm781

uhm781

Reaction score
I have had this issue too. It seems like the stock messaging app will not send pictures over wifi (like it should). I switched to mobile data and i can recieve and send just fine.

thanks that worked but I could a sworn I tried tht

Nick D

Reaction score

So that means that I need to keep the stock messenger running? I can't just have handcent running?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My stock messaging app seems to send pics over wifi once in a while but usually not. Kind of a pain!

stratjb

Reaction score
My stock text app sends pics fine over wifi and 4G. It doesn't prompt for resizing either like the droid x did either. I guess because its only 5mp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CJLee89

Reaction score
So that means that I need to keep the stock messenger running? I can't just have handcent running?

You don't need to keep it running, just don't disable the app.

My stock text app sends pics fine over wifi and 4G. It doesn't prompt for resizing either like the droid x did either. I guess because its only 5mp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
I will have to do some further testing. I do not currently have 4G at my house so I can't test that. Would it make a difference if I disabled the stock EMAIL app?

Last edited:

Nick D

Reaction score
You don't need to keep it running, just don't disable the app.

I will have to do some further testing. I do not currently have 4G at my house so I can't test that. Would it make a difference if I disabled the stock EMAIL app?

That fixed my problem. I thought that I needed to disable the app but obviously don't.