Picture Messaging Adds Square Pixelation?

Rini666

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been able to send pictures to my friends and email perfectl before, but now when i send them it's like it's pixelated with half inch squares. It's been this way for about a week or 2 and idk if i might've switched a setting? The picture is perfect before i send it, then once it's resized in my msg box it adds the squares. Here's an example...
http://gyazo.com/fed896b3c2a101b587954a4e54d56628.png

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My gf's D2 does the same thing!! No clue why..?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
R

Rini666

Reaction score
My gf's D2 does the same thing!! No clue why..?

DroidForums junkie!!

It used to be fine though right? I don't know what it could possibly be but it's bothersome when trying to upload the pics to facebook etc.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, her's just started about a month ago (got it on release day). Her's only does it when she texts pictures, They upload fine to fb.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
R

Rini666

Reaction score
Yeah i'd like them on my computer first though, i've searched msn for a fix to it, but no luck :(

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Not sure if Im correct on this one, but Ill give my input.. I think its because pictures can only be so big (file size) when sending a picture message. It pixelates it to cut down on the file size so the picture can be sent. This could also be the reason why it doesn't happen when you upload it to facebook.

EDIT:
Try taking a picture with the settings on the camera toned down to like 2MP or 1MP to test this out to see if thats the reason.. I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're right. But, sending a pic with the stock messaging app produced NO pixels. Handcent just had an update but the problem is still there. I believe that when its a larger file, Handcent isn't compressing the image correctly.

Not sure if Im correct on this one, but Ill give my input.. I think its because pictures can only be so big (file size) when sending a picture message. It pixelates it to cut down on the file size so the picture can be sent. This could also be the reason why it doesn't happen when you upload it to facebook.

EDIT:
Try taking a picture with the settings on the camera toned down to like 2MP or 1MP to test this out to see if thats the reason.. I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess.

DroidForums junkie!!