[Picture] Man down! Galaxy Nexus dropped from 180cm onto ceramic tile.

seminole1994

Reaction score
I've dropped my X from about 3 feet and shattered the glass its all about how it hits .. IF the phone hits on the Corner I don't care what phone you have its toast

Reaction score
Not true, my X had hit on the corner numerous times with only a minor nick on the corner itself. I am rough with my phones and have never had to use my insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors that come into play when dropping a phone. Height, density, impact, and the way in which it lands. The G-Nex has almost no bezel so I imagine it falling on it's side is going to be devastating.

konsciousk

Reaction score
5.9 feet? Any screen can break from that height, gorilla glass or not.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
5.9 feet? Any screen can break from that height, gorilla glass or not.

This is true. The Razr couldn't hold up from a pocket drop and I think the screen was worse looking then the G-Nex dropped from 5'9". I'd still like to see a proper drop test for this bad boy.

doublea500

Reaction score
well if im balancing my phone on my head and it falls onto a kitchen tile, glass first, then im not surprised it broke. the phone literally dropped from a height taller then me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ouch and the first one bites the dust.

Tile is a bad surface to land on, looks like it hit the corner too, worst place to land on.

That's nearly a six foot drop lol, did he do this on purpose?

Last edited:

ice456789

Reaction score
You guys are short. :)

I've dropped my OG from about 4 feet onto my driveway so many times I can't count. Aside from the corners being completely scratched up and trying to find the battery cover, nothing is ever wrong with it. Glass is always fine. However the OG is a tank and the corners are designed in such a way that the impact of a drop almost never affects the glass. The impact is absorbed by the keyboard half of the phone 98% of the time. The GN is much prettier but the tradeoff is that you have less protection from impact. You don't need the armor of an otterbox though, a simple silicon sleeve will keep it from being hurt by almost any fall onto a flat surface.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
This is what's going to happen with thin phones, there is a lot less for it to absorb impact. It's like saying what's going to survive an accident with only a scratch a 1985 Ford F-150 or a Smart Car? Lol.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
This is why I love Motorola. I have dropped my OG Droid and my X from heights similar and on solid concrete with absolutely no issues.

You droped your phone from similar heights, and no breakage....
I've got an OG Droid, which I dropped many times myself, and was lucky. Well, that one time, I got up of the couch, and it fell of my lap onto the floor, the whole screen shattered.

It doesn't matter what glass, it will/can break, its like Russian roulette... just hope there isn't a bullet when you pull the trigger ;-)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
You droped your phone from similar heights, and no breakage....
I've got an OG Droid, which I dropped many times myself, and was lucky. Well, that one time, I got up of the couch, and it fell of my lap onto the floor, the whole screen shattered.

It doesn't matter what glass, it will/can break, its like Russian roulette... just hope there isn't a bullet when you pull the trigger ;-)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Obviously no phone is unbreakable but in my experience motorola phones have a far less likelihood of breaking than other makers.