Picture Gallery

Scribble

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with getting pics to show in the gallery that aren't taken with the default camera?

I have CameraZoomFX but the pics I take don't seem to be showing up in the Gallery... The folder I'm saving to is the same one the stock camera uses on the sdcard.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using Quickpic in order to see my pictures, which seems to show all.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
What stinks though is I think the Google+ instant upload feature is somehow linked to the gallery. If I open the CamerazoomFX pics with the file viewer they then show up in the gallery, and then get picked up by instant upload. When they're not in the gallery though they don't upload. :(

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
TO what? I have it saving to the same folder the stock camera saves to. It should be somewhere else?

fucco

Reaction score
I have same setup. They are in the my library folder in the gallery and not the camera folder

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I installed Camera Zoom I let it set up its own folder. The pictures show up in the stock Gallery. Quickpic shows the location as /mnt/sdcard.

nicelysedated

Reaction score
TO what? I have it saving to the same folder the stock camera saves to. It should be somewhere else?

To the external SD card. When I went from the Blur to the AOSP gallery I had the reverse problem. Pics saved to the DCIM folder on the external wouldn't show up, but the pics on the internal would. Might work, who knows

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
When I installed Camera Zoom I let it set up its own folder. The pictures show up in the stock Gallery. Quickpic shows the location as /mnt/sdcard.

That's the internal card not the ext card.

nicelysedated said:
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]To the external SD card. When I went from the Blur to the AOSP gallery I had the reverse problem. Pics saved to the DCIM folder on the external wouldn't show up, but the pics on the internal would. Might work, who knows
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I have it saved to the dcim folder on the external card though... I'll try a new folder somewhere higher up.[/FONT]

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you find them by a search? All Camera Zoom picture files start with "CameraZOOM."

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I use CameraZoom FX, my pics show-up in the gallery, I do not recall specifying a save location when I installed it.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Ok so an update... If I let it save to the phone's internal memory the shots show up in the gallery instantly. If I save to the sd card they WILL show up, it just takes a while- Sometimes over an hour.

I'm not sure if this is a phone thing or a camerazoomfx thing. I also have vignette that saves to the sd card and the pictures from that app show up in the gallery instantly, so I'm thinking maybe it's zoom fx. :-/

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's possible. On my OG Droid pictures with the stock camera sometimes took a while to show up in the stock Gallery. Don't know why that happens.