Picture file

franmill

Reaction score
I was downloading some photos from my computer to my Driod Razr. I had downloaded several photos then all of a sudden the picture file disappeared. How do I find it and get it back???

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Pictures" huh? :p Anyhow, can you describe how you were moving them? Were you using the Media Transfer Protocol, using the phone as a USB drive, etc?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was downloading some photos from my computer to my Driod Razr. I had downloaded several photos then all of a sudden the picture file disappeared. How do I find it and get it back???

Welcome aboard.

Are you talking about a folder? Need more information.

OP
F

franmill

Reaction score
Here is how I was transferring the photos from my computer to the Droid. I connected my Droid to the computer using the USB cord. The computer then found the Droid, the computer listed all files on the Droid. I then used Windows 8 I high lighted the photo that I wanted to move to the Droid. After high lighting the photo I clicked move to. Then windows 8 ask me to find the File I wanted to move the photo to. I chose the picture file on the Droid It then moved a copy of the photo to the Droid. I must have moved ten Photos. I then went to the Droid to see if they were on there they were on the Droid. I went back and repeated the action and moved three more photos. The next day I was going to move another photo and the picture file on the Droid was missing and was not listed with the other files How do I get it back.

OP
F

franmill

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this problem thanks

YellowJacket

Reaction score
there are a couple ways to move your photos. One is to "Copy and Paste" which leaves a copy of the photo on your phone. The other is to "Cut and Paste" which moves the photo/file from your phone to your computer. Using the "move here" feature may have cut and pasted the file from your phone to your computer so there is no longer a copy of it on your phone.

To get it back on the phone, connect the phone back up to your computer. When the connection is complete, first open up the pictures folder on you computer, then navigate to the drive folders on your computer and open up the drive icon for your phone (usually "mot J" or some other letter). Look for a folder called DCIM which is where the photos are stored on your phone.

Once that is complete, just go back to the pictures folder on your computer and select the photos you want back on your phone and COPY and PASTE them back.

David

OP
F

franmill

Reaction score
Thanks Yellow Jacket I fallowed your instructions and it worked like a charm. I am now able to post more pictures from my computer to my Phone.

Fran