Pics to Internal memory?

tunedude

Reaction score
All the pictures I've been taking on my DROID X seem to be going right to my internal hard drive instead of my SD card. The pics I had transferred over from my last cell are on the SD card but not new ones I've taken on my DROID X. Anyone know where the option might be to have ALL my pics/vids end up on my SD card?

Thanks-Keith

qman66

Reaction score
Root the phone and in data folder make new folder and place it in there.

Technoman

Reaction score
You don't have to ROOT your phone to get the pictures on your SD card.

I would have to ask the OP if you are sure that your pictures are being stored on the internal memory of the phone? What is it that makes you think that they are?

OP
T

tunedude

Reaction score
I believe the pics are being loaded on to the internal memory because when I take my SD card out and put it on my reader, the MY PIX directory only shows the older pics from my previous phone. My last Motorola cell phone (way more outdated) had the option of where I wanted the pics to be loaded. I can't seem to find that same option on my X.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my pix isnt the directory media is saved to

Technoman

Reaction score
I believe the pics are being loaded on to the internal memory because when I take my SD card out and put it on my reader, the MY PIX directory only shows the older pics from my previous phone. My last Motorola cell phone (way more outdated) had the option of where I wanted the pics to be loaded. I can't seem to find that same option on my X.

Exactly the reason I asked the question the way I did.

Your pictures from your CAM app are stored on the SD Card in the directory below:

sdcard/dcim/camera

This should also include any video from the CAMCORDER APP.