Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

masterxchief

Reaction score
Anyone know if the otterbox will fit into the seidio holster? I am thinking about getting rid of my seidio case for this.

Nope... I asked in another thread that had a video side-by-side review and he said it would not. The Seidio holster is molded directly for the case and the Otterbox a has slightly different from keeping it from fitting in at the bottom.:icon_evil:

DAMN! Now I don't know if I want to get it. As much as I hate Seidio quality for their cases, the holster is really nice.

orangepeel

Reaction score
DAMN! Now I don't know if I want to get it. As much as I hate Seidio quality for their cases, the holster is really nice.

I've had just "ok" luck with Seidio quality,but man I wish Otterbox would make a case for the commuter. All they would need is a notched out area for the usb plug to slide through so it wouldn't rub or catch on the holster.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Anyone dropped their phone in the otterbox?
I just want to know how durable it is lol

I have and everything did fine. I have also dropped mine with the Seidio and the bottom cover popped off along with the battery door,though the phone was unharmed,so I guess it did it's job.The new rugged series will take care of that problem,but it will also make the phone more bulky,and I won't have a holster case that I will be able to use with it. I hate the spring clip cases Seidio makes.I always wind up hitting the spring/clip ever so slightly against something and the phone falls out.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Does anybody have any thoughts on the Otterbox vs. the Seidio Innocase Rugged? I think both look good and both would probably provide protection against short drops out of me hand and from my 21 month old son.

I use to want a case that would prevent the keyboard from opening, but since I rooted my Droid, I actually use the keyboard for rebooting into recovery. I think that the skeleton that keeps the rugged innocase closed should be easy enough to remove to gain access to the keyboard since I don't get into recovery daily.

There is a major price difference between the two cases (compared to Amazon and Newegg Otterbox prices) and I don't think I will need the clip that comes with the rugged. If the rugged had an option without the clip (if that was cheaper) then I may go with that. I would have probably already bought the rugged, but the coupon code I have for 10% off doesn't work unless I spend $50 and the case is actually a few cents cheaper. They don't have anything else that I want until they get Droid Incredible cases in (The wife's phone). I don't really understand what is taking so long for them to make cases for that candy bar of a phone (it is not like it has a sliding keyboard).

I use to always wear my phone on a belt clip (from my EnV to my Storm to my Droid), but stopped when my wife and her friends would find it hilarious that I did that. I became a pocket guy after that (the phone fits well since I wear size 36 pants).

I have used the shell/holster combo from Verizon and a rubberized plastic case from DC Mugen at eBay. Those cases were ok until the tabs eventually ended up breaking. both cases had a flaw where they wouldn't sit right on the corner near the power button. The cases could never reach that lip to be seated properly. I worry about that with the Innocase 360 portion of the rugged.

Also I worry about heat dissipation with either case as phone is slightly overclocked (with an 800mhz kernel). My phone has a phantom skinz screen shield on it and I carry it around in a leather slip case.

Sorry for the multiple directions of the topic, I have the ADD (seriously). So does anybody have a preference for either the rugged or otter box? Thanks.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Has anyone cut the port covers off? I access mine frequently through out the day and I can see this becoming a pain in the butt.