Pics on my Droid are kinda lame

TGK

Reaction score
Color balance is sucky + more. Is there a standard quick fix I'm supposed to do to make it better?

jzgilbert

Reaction score
Yeah the photos I take are not too great, I'm not an avid picture taker on a camera so it has not been too big of a deal for me. Its interesting how my videos turn out flawlessly, but pictures always seem to be a bit fuzzy and never that great looking. Would love to know if there is a way to fix it

SigSoldat

Reaction score
From what I hear, it's a software issue. Many users swear that Pro Zoom Camera 5X will make dramatic improvements in photo quality, but it costs $2.49 in the app market. You might be able to download a trial version to see if it's worth the price for you.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
yeah you download it and if you don't like it it can be refunded if its within 24 hours.

slinky

Reaction score
From what I hear, it's a software issue. Many users swear that Pro Zoom Camera 5X will make dramatic improvements in photo quality, but it costs $2.49 in the app market. You might be able to download a trial version to see if it's worth the price for you.

What's teh difference other than a digital zoom?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

What's teh difference other than a digital zoom?

It's faster and the pictures are more crisp and clear. Everything is better (to my untrained eyes).

slinky

Reaction score
Color balance is sucky + more. Is there a standard quick fix I'm supposed to do to make it better?

PRO Zoom Camera 5X Application For Google Android. A Better Way To Operate Your Camera

Review of Pro Zoom.

Interesting - thanks. On the iPhone 99% of those apps are only digital zoom and crap applications that are nothing more than automatic photoshop effects without the quality. This may actually improve the quality of picture taking... I don't know. It is amazing how software can make a difference, e.g. one app that I have which was great which basically required the phone to be very still when a shot was taken and wouldn't shoot until it was at a minimum.

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the review doesn't say anything about improving image quality. Yes, you can make adjustments like white balance or put some foo-foo hearts on your image, but there are plenty of free programs that can do the same thing on your PC and they'll do it better. I was under the impression this program actually improved the quality of the image taken, like improving the weak focus.

I've seen images that people claim to be outstanding for a camera phone, but they're actually out of focus. I would rather have a CLEAR 2MP picture than a blurry 5MP any day. The Droid is good for conveniently posting something to FB, but it doesn't take pictures I'll hold on to.

slinky

Reaction score
I just posted the below - it looks promising and I have the EXACT same issues as you do about that camera app - more white balance? Filters? Who cares. GIGO.

I just saw a post for this: Snap Photo Pro - I don't care to post such links but anyone can Google it and it is relevant. I may buy this one because it seems to have the antishake mechanism I was talking about and key to good pictures.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

PRO Zoom Camera 5X Application For Google Android. A Better Way To Operate Your Camera

Review of Pro Zoom.

Interesting - thanks. On the iPhone 99% of those apps are only digital zoom and crap applications that are nothing more than automatic photoshop effects without the quality. This may actually improve the quality of picture taking... I don't know. It is amazing how software can make a difference, e.g. one app that I have which was great which basically required the phone to be very still when a shot was taken and wouldn't shoot until it was at a minimum.

Well, as I've said, I'm not a camera guy, but I took before and after pictures with native app and then with Pro Zoom Camera and I thought the difference was dramatic. Give it a tray and if it doesn't work out for you, uninstall it and get your refund.

BTW, I have absolutely no connection with this product other than I bought it and have used it a couple of times.

Good luck and BTW, some of you real camera guys, let us know if it works for you.

slinky

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Snap Photo is not Droid compatible... Yeesh.