Pics on my Droid are kinda lame

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by TGK, Feb 27, 2010.

1. TGK

TGK New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Color balance is sucky + more. Is there a standard quick fix I'm supposed to do to make it better?

2. jzgilbert

jzgilbert New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the photos I take are not too great, I'm not an avid picture taker on a camera so it has not been too big of a deal for me. Its interesting how my videos turn out flawlessly, but pictures always seem to be a bit fuzzy and never that great looking. Would love to know if there is a way to fix it

3. SigSoldat

SigSoldat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I hear, it's a software issue. Many users swear that Pro Zoom Camera 5X will make dramatic improvements in photo quality, but it costs $2.49 in the app market. You might be able to download a trial version to see if it's worth the price for you.

4. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    yeah you download it and if you don't like it it can be refunded if its within 24 hours.

5. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's teh difference other than a digital zoom?

6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    It's faster and the pictures are more crisp and clear. Everything is better (to my untrained eyes).

7. BayouFlyFisher

Ratings:
    +17
  8. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting - thanks. On the iPhone 99% of those apps are only digital zoom and crap applications that are nothing more than automatic photoshop effects without the quality. This may actually improve the quality of picture taking... I don't know. It is amazing how software can make a difference, e.g. one app that I have which was great which basically required the phone to be very still when a shot was taken and wouldn't shoot until it was at a minimum.

9. SigSoldat

SigSoldat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, the review doesn't say anything about improving image quality. Yes, you can make adjustments like white balance or put some foo-foo hearts on your image, but there are plenty of free programs that can do the same thing on your PC and they'll do it better. I was under the impression this program actually improved the quality of the image taken, like improving the weak focus.

I've seen images that people claim to be outstanding for a camera phone, but they're actually out of focus. I would rather have a CLEAR 2MP picture than a blurry 5MP any day. The Droid is good for conveniently posting something to FB, but it doesn't take pictures I'll hold on to.

10. davidtaylorjr

davidtaylorjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The stock camera app does leave much to be desired, but I don't think it is the camera itself, just the software...

11. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just posted the below - it looks promising and I have the EXACT same issues as you do about that camera app - more white balance? Filters? Who cares. GIGO.

I just saw a post for this: Snap Photo Pro - I don't care to post such links but anyone can Google it and it is relevant. I may buy this one because it seems to have the antishake mechanism I was talking about and key to good pictures.

12. BayouFlyFisher

Ratings:
    +17
    Well, as I've said, I'm not a camera guy, but I took before and after pictures with native app and then with Pro Zoom Camera and I thought the difference was dramatic. Give it a tray and if it doesn't work out for you, uninstall it and get your refund.

BTW, I have absolutely no connection with this product other than I bought it and have used it a couple of times.

Good luck and BTW, some of you real camera guys, let us know if it works for you.

13. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stand corrected. Snap Photo is not Droid compatible... Yeesh.